Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan wake language ?

Hey guys,
    I've got a little question about alan wake!! I am from germany and well.. the german language in some games just sounds terrible!! So I'm now a bit afraid that the german language in alan wake could be like that too! So my question is now: If I buy this game in germany, will I be able to change the language to english or not? I'm really a bit afraid! So it would be very useful if someone could give some informations!!
    Thanks

Re: Alan wake language ?

Yes. No matter where you buy your copy, you can play the game in english.

Comment

Really big thanks! !
      I will pre-purchse the LE!
      Can't wait !

Comment

A question...

Why don't you guys just release the only Finnish dub and multiple subtitles ? Just like when you hear English dub and read them in Finnish subtitles. It'd be the safest way for its origin...

Everybody supports the original dub(from its creator) and read them in our language, just like in cinema.

It'd be the best to avoid inputing many dubs in a DVD... I'm a music producer so I do know how much space the dub does fill. The dub fills more space than the subs.
        Last edited by TannosukeGR; 02-14-2010, 02:23 PM.
        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

The original version for us is English, not Finnish

The dubs are about 150MB per language btw.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
            The original version for us is English, not Finnish

The dubs are about 150MB per language btw.
            If that's in English language, OK.

For the dubs' space, it's true enough. the subs have approximately 25-100kb per language.

The mastered music is about 60MB to 82MB.

It'd be nice if Microsoft had in its mind to create a new console with Blu-Ray and some new software stuff to improve its gaming experience no matter what, so in order not to have a problem with the DVD's space for this console(like what Sony did with PS3 ... partially). :/
            The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Markus, I dont know if I already asked that question ... but Alan Wake will have SUB in Portuguese (Brazillian Portuguese)?

I remember you told me that we would not have dubbed in Portuguese
              "Now I am become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds"

Comment

2 questions about languages:

- Will UK version include spanish dub?
                - It's possible to play with english audio and spanish subs like in many PS3 games like Heavy Rain or Uncharted?

Comment

Will there be english subtitles?

Comment

There are subtitles for the English text, sure. I'm not sure whether you can play with the English audio and Spanish (or any other language) subtitles.
                    Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

So please, just put multilang (ita-spa-ger) subs in UK version and we'll be happy.

Comment

I doubt Microsoft would be ok with having a pure Finnish game released to the US. They like their cheeseburger eating, Halo playing, American gaming junkies

(I am American so I can make fun of us)

Comment

Originally posted by digitalforce View Post
                          I doubt Microsoft would be ok with having a pure Finnish game released to the US. They like their cheeseburger eating, Halo playing, American gaming junkies

(I am American so I can make fun of us)
                          Yeah I find it funny when games get changed or character accents altered so the Americans can understand it.

It's like Call of Duty, the British characters speak using American words and phrases just so it's easier for the Americans, I'd find that quite insulting if I was American because what Microsoft is basically saying is "We're dumb and don't understand anything, please make it simples"

I.E All the SAS soldiers of a low rank are called Private, not Trooper like they should be
                          They say Ze-bra instead of Zeb-ra like they should
                          Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
                          Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Dark View Post
                            It's like Call of Duty, the British characters speak using American words and phrases just so it's easier for the Americans, I'd find that quite insulting if I was American because what Microsoft is basically saying is "We're dumb and don't understand anything, please make it simples"

I.E All the SAS soldiers of a low rank are called Private, not Trooper like they should be
                            They say Ze-bra instead of Zeb-ra like they should
                            In this particular reason, what you said it's like Wolfenstein, which they had a French(or British person) to talk in American English...

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                              In this particular reason, what you said it's like Wolfenstein, which they had a French(or British person) to talk in American English...
                              I never played Wolfenstein, A friend of mine said it is a heresy to the original 2001 version (Which I loved.period), but I can understand what you mean, trying to think of other cases.....
                              Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
                              Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X