Alan Wake Sunset Sale 13.-15.5.2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Wake Sunset Sale 13.-15.5.2017

The music licenses for Alan Wake are expiring. As a result, the game is going to be taken out of physical and digital retail. Alan Wake’s American Nightmare will stay in retail. We're having a 90% off “Sunset Sale” for Alan Wake and Alan Wake's American nightmare on Steam and GOG.com. The 48 hour sale begins May 13th at 10am PST.

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

What exactly is being discounted
    The Alan Wake Franchise including Alan Wake, all DLC, Alan Wake’s American Nightmare

Will you bring Alan Wake back to stores?
    We are looking into relicensing the music for Alan Wake, but have no timeframe for this.

What happens to Alan Wake’s American Nightmare / Will other Alan Wake SKU’s also disappear?
    Alan Wake’s American Nightmare will remain in stores. Remedy negotiated the music licensing for Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, we did not negotiate the licensing for Alan Wake’s licensed music.

Why does the discount differ in some stores?
    Remedy and Microsoft cannot control how individual stores want to price the game. Remedy can only control pricing on Steam.

Lauri Do you know the discount for gog.com ..?
    I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Originally posted by LSKzane View Post
      Unfortunately I don't, as GOG decides their own discount rates.

Comment

Originally posted by LSKzane View Post
        http://prntscr.com/f75ou6

You are Welcome

Please use my link if you wanna help https://www.youtube.com/user/HDGamingHD

http://www.gog.com/?pp=a74846639071d...84cb8fe7963192

Comment

Really sad to see the title go from listings, but the sale is a nice note to end on. I hope it's a success! Also that negotiations go well and it can return again in the future.

As for discounted locations Steam and GOG have been previously confirmed, but there's also The Humble Store. They've has reduced their prices by 90% too! Plus 10% to charity is pretty good too.

Link: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/alan-wake-franchise
          The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

A number of existing owners are concerned that they're in danger of losing the original music should replacements be licensed instead, which, although the situations aren't analogous, is an understandable concern given how R* bungled San Andreas. Any chance of some reassurance?

Comment

Originally posted by GrrImAFridge View Post
              A number of existing owners are concerned that they're in danger of losing the original music should replacements be licensed instead, which, although the situations aren't analogous, is an understandable concern given how R* bungled San Andreas. Any chance of some reassurance?
              If Remedy were renegotiating the licensing for the music, I'd imagine that they would focus on getting those exact tracks rather than substitutes. There are quite a few moments in the game and DLC packs when a specific song is mentioned by name; for instance when Odin asks for "Coconut" while the brothers are at the diner, or when Pat mentions the similarities between Old Gods of Asgard and Poets of the Fall before introducing "War" by name. Each song was picked to convey a certain tone or atmosphere, a lot of them also refers back to the game in some way like "Space Oddity" and "In Dreams", so there's more of motivation there to get those specific tracks.

I don't know what happened with San Andreas, and even looking for information was weirdly difficult as there doesn't seem to have been official word about it. But looking through the deleted track list, neither game shares an overlap in bands, so at the moment there's no reason to think that a relaunch of Alan Wake would mean the songs having to change.

I hope that helped ease concerns a little! Also welcome to the forums, GrrImAFridge!
              The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

...or how could one replace Depeche Mode's 'The Darkest Star' at the very end? I call impossible on this one.
                I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

As far as I know the expiration will not effect any current game owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
                    If Remedy were renegotiating the licensing for the music, I'd imagine that they would focus on getting those exact tracks rather than substitutes. There are quite a few moments in the game and DLC packs when a specific song is mentioned by name; for instance when Odin asks for "Coconut" while the brothers are at the diner, or when Pat mentions the similarities between Old Gods of Asgard and Poets of the Fall before introducing "War" by name. Each song was picked to convey a certain tone or atmosphere, a lot of them also refers back to the game in some way like "Space Oddity" and "In Dreams", so there's more of motivation there to get those specific tracks.
                    Sure, I understand that. Again, though, some are just a little concerned due to what happened with San Andreas, namely that...

I don't know what happened with San Andreas, and even looking for information was weirdly difficult as there doesn't seem to have been official word about it. But looking through the deleted track list, neither game shares an overlap in bands, so at the moment there's no reason to think that a relaunch of Alan Wake would mean the songs having to change.
                    ...R* didn't pull San Andreas from Steam prior to some of the music licences expiring and therefore couldn't reliably discern between those who'd purchased the game while the licences were active and those who'd purchased it after they'd expired, which lead to the modified music selection applying to everybody. As I said before, the situations aren't analogous -- obviously Remedy is pulling Alan Wake at the correct time -- but, nonetheless, some are still a little on edge.

(R* could have worked with Valve to transfer those who'd purchased the game after the expiration date to a new package with the modified music selection, but I'd wager that either the idea was placed in the Too Hard Basket or R* was concerned the average user would find the messy situation overly confusing and, if affected, not quite understand why they no longer have the original music.)

I hope that helped ease concerns a little! Also welcome to the forums, GrrImAFridge!
                    I appreciate the reply and agree replacements are unlikely, which is why I'm not concerned myself, however word from the horse's mouth would do well to assuage the worries some others have. And thanks!

Comment

By popular demand, I decided to stream Alan Wake later today. Check it out for one last hurrah with my trivia on remedy and the game!

http://beam.pro/maniac536

Comment

Working...
                      X