Need some clarification regarding the ending [SPOILERS]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some clarification regarding the ending [SPOILERS]

At the ending of the game, we're treated to a pre-rendered cutscene of when the Deerfest takes place in Bright Falls, right after the game shows Alice emerging from the waters of Cauldron Lake. That scene confused me since I can't tell whether that part about the Deerfest was a flashback (since it shows agent Nightingale alive) or if Alan managed to wind back time in his writings causing Alice to emerge right after she had fallen.

Deerfest isn’t a flashback it’s like a denouement. Everything you’re seeing happens after Alan did what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      Deerfest isn’t a flashback it’s like a denouement. Everything you’re seeing happens after Alan did what he did.
      So, agent Nightingale being there at the Bright Falls dinner.... does that mean that the people taken by Dark Presence were "returned" to the world, or maybe he's a ghost now haunting Bright Falls? Another thing that I noticed is Rose ominously gripping that lantern.

Comment

Yes.

Ok that was a jovial response. I kinda feel that ending is left to the viewer’s interpretations.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          Yes.

Ok that was a jovial response. I kinda feel that ending is left to the viewer’s interpretations.
          Yeah, I get that feeling too.

Comment

I'm fairly sure that after Alan killed Barbara Jagger, Agent Nightingale is supposedly becoming the new face of the Dark Presence, while Rose will become the new lady of the light. Of course, we'll never know this for sure until Remedy makes that sequel.

The events of the game take place about a week before Deerfest (as the sign found on Stucky's gas station in episode 1 says), so the Deerfest shown at the end is the same one we see advertised throughout the game.
            The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

Originally posted by CatoNator View Post
              The events of the game take place about a week before Deerfest (as the sign found on Stucky's gas station in episode 1 says), so the Deerfest shown at the end is the same one we see advertised throughout the game.
              That was the part that kinda confused me because Alan and Alice arrive at Bright Falls a few days before Deerfest so I never quite paid attention to see if the celebration took place during the time he wrote the manuscript for Departure.

Comment

The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

Cato was that blank post intentional or do you need us to step in and fix it?

Comment

Working...
                  X