Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Wake spoiler are being spammed to the Internet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Wake spoiler are being spammed to the Internet?

There were a lot of pissed off gamers back in February, and they had every right to be. There’s a small group of people on the Internet that get their rocks off by spamming the web with spoilers. It happened to Quantic’s Dream’s Heavy Rain and now it’s happening to Alan Wake.

Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done to prevent this from happening in the future, so it’s really up to you, the gamers, to try your best to avoid these spoilers. It’s a shame to see that things have come to this. This ‘console war’ has gone beyond stupidity. Are people forgetting that these spoilers have the potential of seriously harming the sales figures? Can’t we all just get along?

I have no doubts that these “spoilers” will be all over the Internet before long — so I suggest, for those who plan on picking up a copy of Alan Wake, you avoid reading comments, at least until this is dealt with appropriately or plain and simply just blows over. In the mean time we will do our best to keep our forums and comments free from potential game ruining content.
    http://www.nextgn.com/2010/03/25/ala...-spam-the-web/

Guess I'll have to close my eyes while browsing the net... But who knows if they are fake, right?
    KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Re: Alan Wake spoiler are being spammed to the Internet?

Who would even know the ending to be able to spoil it? I bet it's just people that are the usual spoiler jackasses making up something and spamming it.
    AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Pretty obvious these wouldn't be real. The game hasn't even gone gold yet.

Comment

Having not seen these alleged spoilers, I can't really comment on this (and I'm not sure you would want me to if I had!), but I'm extremely skeptical that some random jerk on the internet with an axe to grind has obtained a playable copy of Alan Wake. I mean, I'm not saying it's completely impossible, because obviously there are precedents, but I find it extremely unlikely that the one guy who has managed to get the game also happens to be spoiler spammer dude.
        Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

"There’s a small group of people on the Internet that get their rocks off by spamming the web with spoilers."

I follow pretty much follow everything revolving around gaming in general and I have not noticed anything about spoiling Alan Wake... YET, and i hope I dont EVER.

But I also believe it was just a matter of time when these kind of articles come to show in N4G.

Comment

A few people on Gfaqs have been posting the spoiler. One just posted it on the Wake boards.

I highly doubt it's true though, being how secretive remedy is and the game not even finished yet.

Comment

Oh, okay, I saw it. But you know what? I'm not gonna say anything about whether it's true because it's a kind of a spoiler either way, right? Unless you guys really want me to.
              Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                Oh, okay, I saw it. But you know what? I'm not gonna say anything about whether it's true because it's a kind of a spoiler either way, right? Unless you guys really want me to.
                Well if it's 100% bullcrap a comment would be nice. It seems pretty unlikely someone would know the ending..especially someone that would be this loose with it at this point. The game isn't even gold yet, right?

anyways even if saying it's not true is a spoiler...it's one peopel would prefer to live with because it's not specific at all. lol
                Last edited by BxB402; 03-25-2010, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Or you could just PM me wether it's fake or real or half and half and i'll keep it to myself unless people from here ask me in PM's....and just keep saying it's bullcrap like I am now anywhere else. I'll even swear to it on penalty of a perma ban. I can keep secrets.
                  Last edited by BxB402; 03-25-2010, 07:42 AM.

Comment

"The Power of Christ Compels You!" -> spammers

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                      I'm sure you wouldn't have posted this if the spoiler were real, so I guess that settles it .

Comment

Well, were any major spoilers shown when people have been testing the game? Could anything have been leaked from these testing sessions? I suppose people have had to play the whole game through, top to bottom, so are these people trustworthy?
                        Last edited by cold fusion 33; 03-25-2010, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Well 99% of games that get spoiled are due to the PC community getting pirated/leaked copies of the final game early and then people that finish it quickly become blabbermouths. Wake isn't even gold yet and it seems none of the previews included an ending on them.

Pretty high chance of this being 100% bullcrap, and even If it's close to the real ending...it's probably STILL made up. I googled it and people said the exact same thing years back.

Comment

I dont really care if its real or not. Its forced me into an internet blackout never mind an Alan Wake blackout.

Until the Game comes out, im not going to be doing any browsing online o any Game related sites, I cant risk having the Game spolied by some idiot.

Angry and dissapointed!!

Comment

Yeah, upon further reflection, I'm just gonna come right out and say that it's bull, plain and simple. The guy who came up with this totally awe-inspiring blow against I-don't-even-know-what doesn't know anything. Don't worry about it, dude's talking out of his ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X