X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What is with this?

Originally posted by OompaLoompa View Post
    It's already been discussed. As Quaz51 said, it doesn't affect the outcome of the pixel counting. It's based on a ratio inherent to the native resolution ! That's how they can detect if it's been upscaled in the process. The game has a 720p framebuffer, no doubt, the question is what is the internal 3d resolution. There is no good argument so far to prove they are wrong. The proof is some of the those 720p shot from that website, have 720p HUDs, but 540p everything else. That is consistent in those latest shots. That pretty much proves the game has, like Quaz said, an internal upscale in the post process passes. The main primatives, models, textures all that jazz is "created" at 540p, a bunch of pixie dust is sprinkled on it, and a new synthesized 720p image is output from the framebuffer. Among all of the senior mods and such at B3D, nobody has said the pixel counters are wrong.
    i think i need to educate myself in order to come to a conclusion.

Comment

how about this?
      http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread...06#post1422006

Comment

Everyone ignored it. He didn't do his own pixel count, he used a subjective analysis. "it looks blurrier", and tried to raise some conspiracy.

The other prerendered shots taken from that .de website were pixel counted and came out to be 720p. So that kind of makes you think there was no funny business on their part. The cut scenes are 1280x720 the gameplay HUD is 720p and the 3d render is 540p upscaled to 720p. At least for whatever build of the game some reviewers got a hold of. Maybe Remedy knows the actual gold version of the game is 720p due to last minute opimizations.

Comment

Originally posted by OompaLoompa View Post
          Maybe Remedy knows the actual gold version of the game is 720p due to last minute opimizations.
          That would be hilarious.
          AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Good morning everyone. Heard anything yet?

Comment

still no one counting the older DF video pixel

ok i have some work to do

we see some facts:
              - people doing res counting using questionable sources,
              - still no body tries to count late 2009 video from Digital foundry
              yes even if they said it is very easy to do the pixel count.

at the end, i the game is stunning and beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by redemption View Post
                still no one counting the older DF video pixel

ok i have some work to do

we see some facts:
                - people doing res counting using questionable sources,
                - still no body tries to count late 2009 video from Digital foundry
                yes even if they said it is very easy to do the pixel count.

at the end, i the game is stunning and beautiful.
                even the Building a thriller could provide good material for a better analysis.The picture in that video look s stunnning,showing of real time sequences and cinematics..and is only 2-3 weeks old..and its hd of cource,maybe not the best of clarity video,but good material nevertheless!
                In my opinion,Remedy should clear this up as fast as they can,just to prevent more drama and hope that it did nt affect the overall exceptance of the game!i know 2-3 persons that were eager to buy the gaming console just for Alan Wake when it comes out,(ps3 owners to mention)and now they are very reluctant in doing so!

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
                  i know 2-3 persons that were eager to buy the gaming console just for Alan Wake when it comes out,(ps3 owners to mention)and now they are very reluctant in doing so!
                  You must be joking. People won't buy a game because of some small, minute, infinitesimal detail that may not be true at all. No one should even notice such flimsy and inconspicuous details since they should be engrossed in the atmosphere of the story. I could understand people not buying the game if it had an extremely low framerate or there were tons of bugs or the gameplay was awful, but that's not the case. It's a solid game.

Comment

New 720pHD screens Ingame

Comment

have those been pixel counted Austin or are you just going by the picture size? lol
                      AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Originally posted by Red Echidna View Post
                        You must be joking. People won't buy a game because of some small, minute, infinitesimal detail that may not be true at all. No one should even notice such flimsy and inconspicuous details since they should be engrossed in the atmosphere of the story. I could understand people not buying the game if it had an extremely low framerate or there were tons of bugs or the gameplay was awful, but that's not the case. It's a solid game.
                        This is no joke...And Its Not an infinitesmal detail...if it was we would nt keep looking what remedy has to say about all the every ten minutes or so!They would buy the console since it was heralded as THE best thing that xbox 360 can produce,since it s exclusive,and one of the best graphics game ever made !They were pretty much hyped about it,liked the trailers and pictures(fake or not) was the right oppurtunity for them to get something that visually challenges their exclusives,in terms of graphics(yes,they are both kind of graphic "sob's" and ps3 fanboys),and plays just as good..I still say it is challenging,but after all this,they dont think so,and keep say that all us xbox-ers have been taken for a fool..I know the game is solid..but they refuse to admit that,now all they say is that the 360 has shown its age,which I dont want to believe yet!

And for the record,I could care less of if you think I am lying or exagerrate..I would buy the ps3 also if I had the money just to play Uncharted1+2,and some GOW3 afterwards..not just for graphics,but to expirience all others that stand correct when they say its a very very good game!!I cant explain why is so hard for you to believe that this game is a system seller..Most people that buy multyple consoles do that for the exclusives..some even build a gaming pc just to play a game(crysis anyone????),even though it was just game not known for its gameplay!It wont be the first time a thing like that happens,and it certainly wont be the last...

Comment

Those screenshots came from the same site that people have been bitching about.

http://www.videogameszone.de/Alan-Wa...lerie/1277741/

Comment

BxB402

Play it and count yourself....its 720p..i have said 100 times

Comment

Guys just download 2009 Game-play...trailer...and count the pixels..if its 720p then game is 720p

Comment

Guys, unfortunately Markus Mäki, Director of Development, has been grounded in southern Europe with family due to the volcanic ash. We are sorry you haven’t gotten an answer sooner. This is Markus’s reply to your questions.

"Modern renderers don't work by rendering everything to a certain final on-screen resolution, but use a combination of techniques and buffers to compose the final detail-rich frames, optimizing to improve the visual experience and game performance.

Alan Wake's renderer on the Xbox360 uses about 50 different intermediate render targets in different resolutions, color depths and anti-alias settings for different purposes. These are used for example for cascaded shadow maps from sun & moon, shadow maps from flashlights, flares and street lights, z-prepass, tiled color buffers, light buffers for deferred rendering, vector blur, screen-space ambient occlusion, auto-exposure, HUD, video buffers, menus and so on. In the end all are combined to form one 720p image, with all intermediate buffer sizes selected to optimize image quality and GPU performance. All together the render targets take about 80 MB of memory, equivalent in size to over twenty 720p buffers."

Ozz, posting on behalf of Markus

Comment

Working...
                                X