Clear All

Re: Real life places like Bright Falls?

Comment

awesome pic on the left cant wait till games start looking like that

Comment

Originally posted by burjeffton View Post
        Detroit, Oregon. It's got the small town diner, the bridges, the big dam and the landscape. I've driven through here a couple times since ALAN WAKE was announced and totally thought of it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...on_skyline.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...nature0226.jpg

http://image.4wdandsportutility.com/...our+bridge.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Dam_Oregon.jpg
        WOW great job!
        "I wish you were crazy...but your not crazy!!!"

Comment

Oh, there's no single place that Bright Falls is modeled after. There are bits and pieces from several places in the Pacific Northwest with a good measure of imagination thrown in. And I hate to break it to you but I don't think we've been to Detroit, OR on our research trips. Although by looking at the photo, it seems like we should have checked out that place too

Comment

Originally posted by anttitRMD View Post
            Oh, there's no single place that Bright Falls is modeled after. There are bits and pieces from several places in the Pacific Northwest with a good measure of imagination thrown in. And I hate to break it to you but I don't think we've been to Detroit, OR on our research trips. Although by looking at the photo, it seems like we should have checked out that place too

Thanks for the response! Yeah the Detroit, OR pics look amazingly close! What can I say though, your game inspires me to travel and check places out that are similar to your fictional Bright Falls. I think you guys have just done such a good job in portraying a real place! So congrats on that... and thats just from the screens and video I've seen so far, I bet I feel even more inclined to those thoughts after playing it!

Comment

EXACTLY what I said in my first posts!!

Comment

This is really interesting, it seems that Bright Falls shares similarities with real towns so it can be very realistic, but also has unique elements created by Remedy. (Of course I'm not talking about the whole crazy people and killing objects stuff )

I'm really looking forward to put myself into Bright Falls side by side with Alan

I hope he forget about Alice and chose me instead.
                and there's always music in the air

Comment

You can go to Bright Falls for free. Just enter your bank details and credit card number.
                  Is The World Getting Smaller Or Am I Getting Bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                    You can go to Bright Falls for free. Just enter your bank details and credit card number.
                    But I can't do it right now!!!! lol Well at least the visit part! As for the bank details and card info. Already done!

Comment

Originally posted by slasherjpc View Post
                      I just was wondering if anyone knows of some real life places that seem/look/feel like the town Bright Falls? Also wonder if Remedy took any real life locations for inspirations for Bright Falls, and if so where exactly.
                      man u do no that remedy took over 60 thousand photographs for alan wake lol
                      Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

As said, there's no single place Alan Wake takes place in. I just have been thinking it's a fictional town in Oregon though since a preview I read said it took place in the fictional town of Bright Falls in Oregon... I'm not biased since I live in Oregon, I swear!

Though basically if you want an idea of where it's located, just think Oregon/Washington. Even in a bit bigger city, some of the cities nearby my city look strikingly similar to some elements of Bright Falls.
                        Sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

From what I've seen of Bright Falls, it reminds me of a town called Morton and other small towns near Mt. Rainier.

Too bad Bright Falls isn't a real place, otherwise I'd probably go there.

Comment

Talking about Bright Fall, Remedy did tell us that the whole game spans about 100km². Do you have any estimation on how big Bright Falls is, or how many people live here?

Comment

Originally posted by djshauny1 View Post
                              man u do no that remedy took over 60 thousand photographs for alan wake lol
                              and there's always music in the air

Comment

What about where they shot the web show?
                                Is The World Getting Smaller Or Am I Getting Bigger?

Comment

Working...
                                X