Real life places like Bright Falls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slasherjpc
    started a topic Real life places like Bright Falls?

Real life places like Bright Falls?

I just was wondering if anyone knows of some real life places that seem/look/feel like the town Bright Falls? Also wonder if Remedy took any real life locations for inspirations for Bright Falls, and if so where exactly.

• Maniac
    replied
    Re: Real life places like Bright Falls?

My folks have this huge thing going on for taking the entire family to places out in the middle of nowhere where there's nothing to do. It's a horrible time as we have nothing in common and there's never anything to do, so I've been begging to do a Pac-Northwest trip so if we did something like that again at least we would be in a place that was interesting to look at.

I did some research and noticed Crater Lake (which is a real world analog for cauldron lake) does indeed have a huge lodge overlooking the lake exactly as depicted in the game. Don't worry, I think it's a hotel in real life, not a facility for creatively challenged patients. You may be able to get a room there, but it was booked solid when I checked over a year ago, and pricey. Nothing wrong with that if you really want to go though.

Alan also stayed in Cabins in Elderwood Forest in the game. Well, Elderwood isn't real, but there are cabins not far from Crater Lake that you can rent out, and I've heard they're quite nice. They're opened seasonally (not year round) and again, completely booked solid.

In short, you can absolutely have an authentic Alan Wake experience in real life (at least for the pretty vistas I mean) but you'll need to book well in advance, oh and don't forget your tweed jacket.
    Last edited by Maniac; 05-24-2013, 02:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ryamkajr
    replied

Nevermind.
    Last edited by ryamkajr; 05-23-2013, 05:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• koldkaching
    replied

I'd want to stay clear of Bright Falls. If I went somewhere like that, I'd be freaked out... because I know what might happen at night

Leave a comment:

• djshauny1
    replied

Originally posted by VesselOfLights View Post
    Actually WA has familiar places that identify Bright Falls.

For American Nightmare just check out Arizona.
    LOL

He lives in Arizona

Leave a comment:

• VesselOfLights
    replied

Actually WA has familiar places that identify Bright Falls.

For American Nightmare just check out Arizona.

Leave a comment:

• Morry
    replied

Awesome, I'm keeping that one bookmarked for future reference.

Leave a comment:

• Soul Reaver
    replied

Exclusive: The Real World of Alan Wake:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/378...orld-alan-wake

Leave a comment:

• outofstep
    replied

Originally posted by Dusk Golem View Post
    Well that would make sense as that area of Canada is right above Washington.
    Gee thanks. I didn't know that even though i live in BC!
    But yeah when i saw that it was Washington i was like "Ahh that makes sense that i thought it could be BC"

Leave a comment:

• Dusk Golem
    replied

Well that would make sense as that area of Canada is right above Washington so it's about the same type of climate. In the US the states that feel like Alan Wake's settings are indefinitely Washington and Oregon though, but then those are the Pacific Northwest states.

Leave a comment:

• outofstep
    replied

Before i knew it was set in Washington i thought it could have easily been set in BC Canada. You could go to any small town here and it would feel like Bright Falls.

Leave a comment:

• OompaLoompa
    replied

Reminds me of Oregon too.

Leave a comment:

• Danzaiver
    replied

Originally posted by Ashrak Aiemain View Post
    Vegeta, what does the scouter level read?!
    It's over 9000!!!!

Watch the Building the Technology of Alan Wake for more cool pictures

Leave a comment:

• Ashrak Aiemain
    replied

Vegeta, what does the scouter level read?!

Leave a comment:

• uberclank
    replied

Originally posted by shorty View Post
    That's Diablo Dam off of highway 20 in Washington. My family has a vacation home in a nearby town called Marblemount so I've been going up there my whole life. You really can drive your car over the top of the dam. There's several Bright Falls-ish towns in that area. In addition to Marblemount, the towns of Newhalem, Concrete, and Darrington come to mind. It's a beautiful area, whether you like Alan Wake or not.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X