Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: product placement - well done and not over-the-top

Originally posted by thebestbit View Post
    Many would have probably missed it and with the achievements name im guessing it was put in that part of the game as a little joke.
    Joke or not, it definitely did not fit in the situation. Well, perhaps that is part of the reason.

Still imagine the train scene of Uncharted 2 with a sudden tv ad popping at the screen.
    KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

True but its not a case of the ad just poping up is it. You have to click on the tv for it to appear and as i said most would have probably missed it.
      Team Yu
      https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
      http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

I haven't ever noticed these things. I'm also unfamiliar with the brand names, so for all I know, they're fake.

If not for this topic, I probably would never notice.
        "Following a typical nightmare pattern, I was late, desperately trying to reach my destination – a lighthouse – for some urgent reason I couldn’t remember."

Comment

Originally posted by AnttiApina View Post
          I'm sorry, but since when has Verizon put a massive advertisement in a middle of nowhere?

That annoyed you? I guess I just didn't really notice the first time.

Although I'll admit, in the Signal when Alan gets his cell-phone by popping one of the light-wordy thingies, and the camera stops just in time in midair to catch the Verizon symbol on it, I had to roll my eyes.
          Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

its those damn Fords that keep popping up that annoy me the most...

Comment

Let's list a few:
              The Ford car at the trailer park. The Pennzoil and Castrol brands or w/e in the garage at the Junkyard in Episode 6 I believe. Verizon obviously. Energizer batteries everywhere. Anything else? Other vehicle types that were a blatant reference? (meaning it was stamped with a logo). OH the Sync brand name on the dashboard of one of the cars, I think it was in a cutscene. What about the computer in Alan's apartment? Windows? Or his new unpacked TV. What brand was on that box?
              It's not a lake. It's an ocean.

Comment

The Tv in his apartment was one of the few things that was fake branded. seesee tv.

Comment

Yeah you're right, I checked after. I couldn't tell what it was named though but it wasn't a real brand.

Comment

Okay I saw the TV box now, yeah it's SeeSee. And the car they arrive in on the ferry is a Lincoln MKT. Says right on it, logo and all.

Comment

Working...
                    X