Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alan Wake DLC discussion

Originally posted by DEAD PIXEL! View Post
    so, will the code still work? or do i have to get a new one ? what should i do ?
    I'm pretty sure that it will still work.

Comment

It's my understanding that Microsoft will e-mail you a new code to the e-mail address you have on your Xbox LIVE account when the DLC pack is released.
      Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
        It's my understanding that Microsoft will e-mail you a new code to the e-mail address you have on your Xbox LIVE account when the DLC pack is released.
        automatically? or do i have to call them up for the new code?

Comment

Automatically, yes.
          Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Automatically, yes.
            ok thanks MikkiRMD ! you have been much help

Comment

I honestly think a good "joke" DLC would be playing as Alex Casey while Wake is writing The Sudden Stop. I just think it would be fun playing a Max Payne-style game, and then suddenly having the reality manipulated, signifying a re-write.

Admittedly, I'd be a bit upset if I paid 800 points for it, so maybe a little cheap one-off.

Comment

how much will each DLC episode cost?

Comment

Also how long will each DLC episode be?

Comment

Still 58 days...
                    Alan... Wake up

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Kis View Post
                      how much will each DLC episode cost?
                      Also how long will each DLC episode be?
                      1. 800 MSP. So, $10. But if you have the voucher, the first one is free.

2. As long as a normal episode of the game. So presumably over an hour, I should hope.
                      ~Secret crowds rise up and gather~

Comment

No, the release date for the first DLC pack is July 27.
                        lol i ment the 28th

Comment

Not that long of a wait! I just want Alan Wake 2 now! Give it to me NOW!!!

Comment

Not that long of a wait! I just want Alan Wake 2 now! Give it to me NOW!!!
                            not to be rude but your probally looking at 5+ years

Comment

Originally posted by SUDDENJONATAN View Post
                              Ims sick of forest too
                              Originally posted by H3rtZ DoNuT View Post
                              I love forest in this game
                              I kinda agree with both of you there

I love the forest segments, they really are an instrumental part of the claustraphobic tension of the game. They're so beautifully done too, plus there's very little in gaming today as satisfying as that sense of relief when a building with lights suddenly appears through the foliage. That whole 'beacon of light in an ocean of darkness' thing works particularly well in the forest sections.

However, the forest areas were a little frequent. If there were more extended non-forest areas in between then I could imagine them retaining their dread and menace without creating any sense of repetition. That said, I loved the extra areas to explore in most episodes, so perhaps a few more unique extra areas in the woods might help the pacing a little? That said, my 70-something coffee thermos stat shows that I clearly haven't explored thoroughly enough yet, and my 'Survival Bundle' arrived today so I may well change my mind soon enough

Originally posted by AN EPIC TACO View Post
                              not to be rude but your probally looking at 5+ years
                              Hopefully not. All of the development tools are made and tested now, so presumably (especially looking at the making-of documentaries) the environments are quite quick to construct now and the bulk of the development would now lie in design, scripting, voice recording, and possibly further motion capture. That said, I am simplifying things somewhat and, having no game development experience outside of a rudimentary XNA Pong title (although I do have plenty of design ideas, I just don't have the artistic talent to create assets for them. Doh), I'm probably missing out a heck of a lot of the work involved.

Either way, I think another 5 years would likely be a stretch. Don't forget the gap between Max Payne 1 and 2 was only about 18 months.
                              Last edited by Pauloselhombre; 06-03-2010, 01:11 PM.
                              That's no ordinary sword. In my hands it guarantees freedom.

Comment

ok this is not cool. I just found out that the first DLC comes out in Australia on June 27th[source]. I'm going to be away on holiday with no access to an XBOX for two WEEKS.

...this is bad. Alan Wake has be considering bringing an xbox in my luggage.

Edit: I think my source site is wrong. Boo.
                                Last edited by Toshi; 06-03-2010, 04:08 PM.
                                "Blah Blah Blah Mr. Freeman"

Comment

Working...
                                X