Is Nightmare level difficulty hard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Nightmare level difficulty hard?

Well how hard is it? I wanna play it after I play on normal cuz I wanna get all the pages etc.

Re: Is Nightmare level difficulty hard?

Also how many extra pages are there on nightmare level?

Comment

It's pretty hard, but not impossibly so. It just requires a more stategic approach, as enemies take a lot more damage and do a lot more damage. I think you get less ammo too, but it could just be that it runs out quicker because of how many more bullets the Taken can soak up.

I found it a lot of fun actually, other than a few frustrating moments, and I never usually play games on the hardest difficulty.
      That's no ordinary sword. In my hands it guarantees freedom.

Comment

It's hard if you don't watch your back. Basically, you're not playing on b*tch mode anymore.

Comment

I definitely want to do Nightmare. But I need to do a few more achievements before even attempting hard. I wish it would let you save in different sets. I don't want to overwrite normal when I haven't completed its achievements yet.

Comment

Honestly Nightmare is not that hard, is more like the normal should be. In my opinion it looks that way:

Normal = Very easy
            Hard = Easy
            Nightmare = Normal

I hope Remedy will boost difficulty in Alan Wake 2, for now it's just way too easy, even on nightmare.
            "That is not dead which can eternal lie,
            And with strange aeons even death may die"

Comment

Originally posted by H3rtZ DoNuT View Post
              Honestly Nightmare is not that hard, is more like the normal should be. In my opinion it looks that way:

Normal = Very easy
              Hard = Easy
              Nightmare = Normal
              I am sure for avid gamers and people very good and familiar with shooters this is a very true statement. But for me and others, it's just not accurate. On normal there were several places I found quite difficult and challenging.
              Last edited by Elyunn; 05-26-2010, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Not bad...but a good challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Girl View Post
                  Not bad...but a good challenge
                  Oh, I didn't know that you played the game. How did you injoy it?
                  Is The World Getting Smaller Or Am I Getting Bigger?

Comment

I'm working on Nightmare now, and it's pretty tough for me. I've died plenty more times than Normal, but as long as I keep plugging away and practicing my dodging, I can eventually get to the next safe haven when I need to.

Comment

I thought the difficulty was perfectly adjusted.

Comment

I was started it today and I finished the Episode 1. It‘s simply hard! I saw it like this!
                        "All what we need to survive is someone who truly loves us."
                        -----
                        I miss my dad soooo much. :( :( :( :( :(

Comment

Its not that hard
                          Last edited by djshauny1; 05-27-2010, 07:31 PM. Reason: whoops
                          Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

I just started Nightmare, I'm most of the way through Episode 1 (at the gas station). So far, it's been noticeably tougher but not horrible. You can certainly tell that Taken require more shots to kill, and the hidden chests seem stingier to me too.

It's probably a bigger difference than I can see though, because this is my second time through and I'm more skilled at the game than I was on the first run.

Comment

Originally posted by Elyunn View Post
                              I am sure for avid gamers and people very good and familiar with shooters this is a very true statement. But for me and others, it's just not accurate. On normal there were several places I found quite difficult and challenging.
                              Actually, I'm very much a frequent gamer and I have played some shooters in my life, but still... I wuss out by the scary stuff and actually thought Hard to be kind of... challenging I didn't die often (except for those silly moments when I fell down the bridges etc.) but I recognized the multitasking that I needed. Especially when there were endless streams of taken and I didn't know where to run with Alan getting tired and my magic light-sticks running out. (Yes I know, "you have a MINIMAP and you should RUN TO THE LIGHT", still, there were moments when you couldn't possibly multitask 5 taken + finding lightsource + looking at minimap + checking health + trying to actually see something in the darn forest )
                              I'm officially approved by me! - @robelirobban

Comment

Working...
                              X