Alan Wake 4 player co-op like Left 4 Dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Wake 4 player co-op like Left 4 Dead

I was playing through Alan Wake and I thought to myself, what if this game were 4 player co-op? I think it could work out well if they added more enemies that attack your group all at once.

What they should have is a stand alone multi-player that is completely different from the single player. Alan Wake would have its amazing story to tell, and Co-op for some fun with your buddies online.

Your thoughts?

Re: Alan Wake 4 player co-op like Left 4 Dead

Only if all four characters were Barry Wheeler.

Comment

When I saw the title, I thought I recognized it. You're from GameTrailers.com, aren't you? Oh yeah, here's the link to the exact same thread, ever your user-name is the same: http://forums.gametrailers.com/threa...-like-/1176110.

I'm sorry for the harsh responses that you got on GT, but honestly, the GT users love video games and don't want them ruined.

Anyway, I'll simply say the same thing as I did on GT: Absolutely not. If you want a game like L4D - buy L4D. I mean, what's the point? Why would anyone want to play Alan Wake in co-op? I believe some people clearly missed the purpose with the game. Once again - if you want some simple fun cooperative game that focuses on gameplay and, well, simply being fun, then go buy one of those games. Don't turn Alan Wake into what it isn't. Alan Wake is an excellent story-driven thriller. It is not a fun gameplay-driven cooperative game. It's just not. There are other games where you can do that. Alan Wake co-op would be ultra-repetitive.

Just buy Resident Evil 5 and Left 4 Dead. I'm not sure if Alan Wake is a game for you, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
        Ha ha haa...I would buy that for sure, Left 4 Wheeler.....If 4 Trash talking sidekicks kill Takens and you can see 4 flaming Eyes of Mordor, you know youre in Night Springs
        "Reality is overrated."

Comment

Originally posted by LonelyGreyWolf View Post
          When I saw the title, I thought I recognized it. You're from GameTrailers.com, aren't you? Oh yeah, here's the link to the exact same thread, ever your user-name is the same: http://forums.gametrailers.com/threa...-like-/1176110.

I'm sorry for the harsh responses that you got on GT, but honestly, the GT users love video games and don't want them ruined.

Anyway, I'll simply say the same thing as I did on GT: Absolutely not. If you want a game like L4D - buy L4D. I mean, what's the point? Why would anyone want to play Alan Wake in co-op? I believe some people clearly missed the purpose with the game. Once again - if you want some simple fun cooperative game that focuses on gameplay and, well, simply being fun, then go buy one of those games. Don't turn Alan Wake into what it isn't. Alan Wake is an excellent story-driven thriller. It is not a fun gameplay-driven cooperative game. It's just not. There are other games where you can do that. Alan Wake co-op would be ultra-repetitive.

Just buy Resident Evil 5 and Left 4 Dead. I'm not sure if Alan Wake is a game for you, mate.
          Yeah thats my post on Gametrailers. Thought I'd come here and check with the major fans of the game. I still disagree, the multiplayer shouldn't take away any epic moments from the single player. This game is for me lol I love horror/story driven games. The fact that I'm a huge fan of the Silent Hill franchise got me to buy this game.

Comment

Originally posted by LonelyGreyWolf View Post

That is one the of the main factors why Alan Wake sales did not do very well, not that it does bad or anything. There are just not enough strictly story driven gamers out there or are willing to spend.

Why would anyone want to play Alan Wake in co-op? I believe some people clearly missed the purpose with the game.
            I have once suggested co-op some time ago along with some others. Co-op could be fun and bring variation to the gaming experience. I think you are the one who may have missed the purpose with games. Games are forms of entertainment. Just because you dosent have fun playing co-op does not mean its the same when everyone else is playing it.

I can also say, hey games are meant to be played, if people want a strong story driven experience, then go to the movies or go read a book.
            Last edited by gamer82; 02-09-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gamer82 View Post

I can also say, hey games are meant to be played, if people want a strong story driven experience, then go to the movies or go read a book.
              Are you trying to make people go watch a movie/read a book than play Alan Wake? :O

Comment

Originally posted by Kranitoko View Post
                play Alan Wake? :O
                Yes i have play Alan Wake. You?

Comment

I have once suggested co-op some time ago along with some others. Co-op could be fun and bring variation to the gaming experience. I think you are the one who may have missed the purpose with games. Games are forms of entertainment. Just because you dosent have fun playing co-op does not mean its the same when everyone else is playing it.
                  What you are saying can be too easily turned upside down. Let's try it:
                  Just because you have fun playing co-op does not mean it's the same when everyone else is playing it. Thing is, everything can be discussed up and down, and there's always going to be disagreement on whether or not something is better this way or that way. People will always disagree, and there will always be people with their own opinions on what makes a game great. Just because you can place some arguments to your cause, that does not make your cause right. It only furthers your point of view. Nothing else.

Yes. You can say that. And then we can say "If you so badly want to do something with friends, why don't you go see a movie with friends? Isn't that co-op enough for you?". Each has their own point of view of what is good in a game and what is not. Some movies are hated by some, while loved by others. Does that mean one of the two parts are wrong, and the other right? No. It's a matter of personal opinion and preference. It's the same thing with games. Some people are just dying for every single game they put their hands on to have co-op or online multiplayer. Others are searching for the rare treat that is a narrative singleplayer experience. There are those of us who enjoy playing a game much like reading an interesting book. To be told an epic story that actually haves meaning rather than just run-and-gun with friends online. Of course, there are also those of us who love it the other way around. But then we have the fine line of people that enjoys both things.

Just because I play some games a lot online with my friends, that does not mean I would want a fantastic singleplayer experience like Alan Wake to have multiplayer. I want the game to be like it is. I have other games to enjoy with friends.
                  "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

no, that kills the horror

Comment

Of course no. Alan Wake is another game and L4D is another game.

I do not oppose of the idea of the double co-op just like Gears of War, but I do oppose of the 4ple co-op, because it'll kill the horror. You have to have in mind the lag. Nobody has an equal internet connection...

I do not oppose of it, because I wanted to see how did those guys escape from the Darkness.
                      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                        What you are saying can be too easily turned upside down. Let's try it:
                        Just because you have fun playing co-op does not mean it's the same when everyone else is playing it. Thing is, everything can be discussed up and down, and there's always going to be disagreement on whether or not something is better this way or that way. People will always disagree, and there will always be people with their own opinions on what makes a game great. Just because you can place some arguments to your cause, that does not make your cause right. It only furthers your point of view. Nothing else.

Yes. You can say that. And then we can say "If you so badly want to do something with friends, why don't you go see a movie with friends? Isn't that co-op enough for you?". Each has their own point of view of what is good in a game and what is not. Some movies are hated by some, while loved by others. Does that mean one of the two parts are wrong, and the other right? No. It's a matter of personal opinion and preference. It's the same thing with games. Some people are just dying for every single game they put their hands on to have co-op or online multiplayer. Others are searching for the rare treat that is a narrative singleplayer experience. There are those of us who enjoy playing a game much like reading an interesting book. To be told an epic story that actually haves meaning rather than just run-and-gun with friends online. Of course, there are also those of us who love it the other way around. But then we have the fine line of people that enjoys both things.

Just because I play some games a lot online with my friends, that does not mean I would want a fantastic singleplayer experience like Alan Wake to have multiplayer. I want the game to be like it is. I have other games to enjoy with friends.

First Kranitoko and now you the moderator. I dont mean to be rude but gosh dont you people read hehe.

When i reply to Kranitoko this
                        Yes i have play Alan Wake. You?
                        Its to inform how things can sound when taken out of context.

I was replying to LonelyGreywolf questions below. Read his/her full post, you would understand better why i wrote what i wrote. Khar you are repeating my reply to GreyWolf back to me again but in longer winded form, with something extra and IMO bad examples that was just hilarious.

Originally Posted by LonelyGreyWolf
                        Anyway, I'll simply say the same thing as I did on GT: Absolutely not. If you want a game like L4D - buy L4D. I mean, what's the point? Why would anyone want to play Alan Wake in co-op? I believe some people clearly missed the purpose with the game.
                        Oh yah what i meant was your reply was hilarious not your friend-movie examples.-Cheers
                        Last edited by gamer82; 02-09-2011, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I dont mean to be rude but gosh dont you people read hehe.
                          Reading is for the weak. Or just people that aren't lazy. I think the rest speaks for itself.
                          "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                            Reading is for the weak. Or just people that aren't lazy. I think the rest speaks for itself.
                            Poor Sam Lake then , Mikki and all the other writers in the world who write for the weak...aannnnnd back to topic.

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                            Of course no. Alan Wake is another game and L4D is another game.

I do not oppose of the idea of the double co-op just like Gears of War, but I do oppose of the 4ple co-op, because it'll kill the horror. You have to have in mind the lag. Nobody has an equal internet connection...

I do not oppose of it, because I wanted to see how did those guys escape from the Darkness.
                            That was my initial opinion, to have 2 player co-op. 4 player co-op not good with people with about standard size tv, i mean the screen has to split into 4 if they implemend it that way and it would be too small.

Comment

Originally posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
                              HELL YES!
                              I'm back.

Comment

Working...
                              X