Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Wake coming to PC on February 16th, 2012!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alan Wake coming to PC in early 2012!

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
    I can answer this for you and I have zero affiliation with RMD, but unlike Tanno I know I'm not saying things that aren't correct.

Q1. Yes.
    Q2. No. Not right now.

Also for Q1, the question would be why don't you use a 64-bit OS, there is no difference in cost? Don't you want to use your RAM properly?
    Yeah your are right on 32 bit my RAM is wasted on nothing such as i have 4 GIGBITE RAM but it is read as i have just 3 GIGABITE not like 64 bit it give me all my RAM Completely i was not know all this before so for sure i will change my windwos but i was asking just in case and thanks alot for your answer but the second quetion lol i was hoping remedy answerd it.......

Comment

So what about mod tools?

Comment

Originally posted by Bender Bending View Post
        So what about mod tools?
        LOL. This is not Skyrim or Crysis.

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNUT View Post
          LOL. This is not Skyrim or Crysis.
          Originally posted by Bender Bending View Post
          So what about mod tools?
          Considering the time period in which Remedy want to release the PC port, the resources that they have available and the no. of projects they're currently Developing(Yes, i know that Alan Wake 2 is one of them, Remedy ). I don't have much of a hope for any mod tools but DX11 could be a possible addition after the release or maybe on day 1 ? who knows.

Comment

I'd love all those things, but I'm pretty much just expecting DX9, some higher resolution textures, some hopefully re-done cutscenes, obvious recompiling of the code to make better use of PC hardware, and then addition on some better lighting, multisampling, anisotropic-filtering etc. and then just getting the controls nice and tight and a nice range of options for adjusting things to lots of different configs. Yeah there's tonnes more that could be done... eyefinity support, 3dvision, physx, dx11 support etc. etc. but I doubt they'd do those things else they might've announced them already.

Mod tools would be nice, but I think the best you'll be able to do is .ini tweaks (if it's not encrypted) to make some weird damage/stat mode if possible to find where our weapon config is to make the game harder / more ridiculous. But that would be a big stretch as I really don't know what this engine will look like from an .ini point of view.

I'm more interested in what the price is going to be and what either pre-order bonuses they give (e.g. DLCs or making of doco or something) and how they choose to price the DLCs. Going to be tough. There's a nice little gap in the market until Mass Effect 3, Thief 4, Diablo 3 etc. are all pegged to come out in March/April... so it would be nice if RMD got it out before then.... but I don't know....
            Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

All this is good i hope we get more information about it soon and also i would like to say as my friend said before that if remedy will get the game out before MARCH will be a good decesion and that for one reason and thats it

i really trust that remedy will make much money because there is no much good games are comming out in the 2 monthes before MARCH So it will be the best video game in this time and everyone will sure get it to enjoy it after 2 years delay

Note: i think we will not get any prices now until we get the exact release date because after that they will put the game to pre order it on steam so on that time we will get the price
              Last edited by Alan Wake; 01-04-2012, 09:53 AM.

Comment

What about saving system? Are you going to add manual saves, or checkpoints only, like in console version?

Comment

Please Remedy I BEG YOU put the Quick Save system also aside the checkpoint system. Like you can quick load from that exact same spot rather than the previous checkpoint !

Comment

Originally posted by Scree View Post
                    What about saving system? Are you going to add manual saves, or checkpoints only, like in console version?
                    I hope it will have a manual saves ( will make the game more exciting ) like all Silent Hill series by putting something
                    special such as a book ( as the hero of our game is a writer ) on different difficult places on the map and give it a shape on the map to make us know where exactly we can save our progress

There is something else i hope there will be some kind of ( Guide ) that shows us the way to reach the next object such as in a lot of our games today calculates the distance between my stop point and the next object and minimum distance gradually until finally get there
                    Last edited by Alan Wake; 01-04-2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately we can't easily change how the saves work - there are certain restrictions where you can save in the tech - as one known example we don't track or store the TV shows' video position in the save... so adding a free save anywhere would likely expose a lot of new bugs.

Comment

Thanks for the answer

Comment

I'm fine with the checkpoint-based save system.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
                            Unfortunately we can't easily change how the saves work - there are certain restrictions where you can save in the tech - as one known example we don't track or store the TV shows' video position in the save... so adding a free save anywhere would likely expose a lot of new bugs.
                            Then you mean the save in the game based on just checkpoints in some areas ( but i hope you guys choose good the times between every save and make it difficult for us to make the game more exciting ) but what about loading it will be from my last checkpoint or what exactly ????

Comment

Thank's for reply MarkusRMD. At least now we know what to expect.

Comment

at this point I only care about the release date.

Comment

Working...
                                X