Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Wake coming to PC on February 16th, 2012!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alan Wake coming to PC in early 2012!

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
    OK
    You can respond to this:
    The publisher of the PC version is always MS so Steam+GFWL??Will be distributed retail or through DD??
    i think it will like LA Noire
    btw,i think they should also announce GOTY version(AW+DLC1+DLC2)for 360
    then it will be truly win-win

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
      OK
      You can respond to this:
      The publisher of the PC version is always MS so Steam+GFWL??Will be distributed retail or through DD??
      Id like to know this aswell (gfwl+steam)

But as for DD or retail, i dont care!!

Ill buy it simply because its more AW and im supporting Remedy
      Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Very glad it's coming Especially that it's on Steam

Comment

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ke-pc-preview/
          RPS: Why release it now?

Aki Järvilehto: I think it’s more related to the fact that there are many digital channels we can do use this on now. It wasn’t previously possible. Now that we have the possibility, we just had to go for it.

RPS: Microsoft traditionally are protective of their exclusives. Why now?

Aki Järvilehto: We’re doing with co-operation from Microsoft, we do have a very good relationship with them, so we’re happy about that.

RPS: It’s good it’s coming to Steam too, something that has a very wide distribution rather than a small percentage of the market.

Aki Järvilehto: We’re very excited about Steam as well, it’s a good channel. It’s great to get the game out there, finally.

RPS: Will there be Steamworks integration?

Aki Järvilehto: Yes, it will.

RPS: Will there be any new content?

Aki Järvilehto: No, it’s a one-to-one match. OBviously, there’s a lot of things we’re doing in terms of adapting the game, the gameplay, the controller, to make it different.

RPS: Was there any DLC on Xbox?

Aki Järvilehto: Yes, there were two DLCs, The Writer and The Signal. Both releases of DLC will be shipping at release.

RPS: They won’t be included in the PC version for free?

Aki Järvilehto: We have to see. We haven’t decided about that.

RPS: It’s releasing in Q1 2012. How long it’s been co-developed for? Since the beginning?

Aki Järvilehto: We’ll have to see what the exact timing is going to be. We’ve been working on that and many different projects for the last few months. One of them was here (the new Alan Wake spin-off on Xbox Live), and some of those are coming out right now and some are coming out later. It’s always exciting, not just to talk about the PC one but also to talk about Alan Wake’s American Nightmare.

RPS: Will that be coming to PC?

Aki Järvilehto: Right now we’re only talking about XBLA.

RPS: So it will support PC-grade textures and the latest DirectX?

Aki Järvilehto: The experience of running it on a high-end PC, with a ninja set-up, is such a big difference. On a large display, on a high-end PC, it looks gorgeous.

RPS: Would you prefer to pay it on PC?

Aki Järvilehto: I love to play it on both platforms. It was a blast on Xbox and it’s running well on PC.

RPS: Do you get tired of being asked questions you can’t possibly answer?

Aki Järvilehto: I love it.

RPS: Thanks for your time.

Comment

I'm going to buy this version too. I'm very excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactus View Post
              I'm going to buy this version too. I'm very excited.
              Me too

I bet it looks absoloutley stunning on PC

I want it now
              Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Originally posted by N2O1990 View Post
                RPS: It’s releasing in Q1 2012. How long it’s been co-developed for? Since the beginning?

Aki Järvilehto: We’ll have to see what the exact timing is going to be. We’ve been working on that and many different projects for the last few months. One of them was here (the new Alan Wake spin-off on Xbox Live), and some of those are coming out right now and some are coming out later. It’s always exciting, not just to talk about the PC one but also to talk about Alan Wake’s American Nightmare.

RPS: Will that be coming to PC?

Aki Järvilehto: Right now we’re only talking about XBLA.
                It is obvious that AWAN will also be released on PC at this point
                I will wait for pc version and I'll skip the xbox.

Comment

I don't think its a quick money grab, Remedy wanted to bring PC players Alan Wake. I'm sure MS and Remedy wanted to focus and make sure the Console Version of AW was the best it could be,release it then work on a PC version.

They didn't have to release it for PC, they could have just focused their resources on their other projects.

Some people never can be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by nVin View Post
                    No guys, I do not hate.

I really love AW, MP 1/2 (a masterpieces for me) and Remedy, but now I realize that I wasted money on the X360.
                    Exclusivity lost for nothing, moneys wasted for nothing...

Who will give me a guarantee that American Nightmare will not be released on the PC? Who can guarantee that AW 2 will be exclusive to Xbox 360/720 and will not come to other platforms?

I do not want to spend money again on the console that loses exclusives.

Yeah cause AW is the only game worth having on xbox 360. Why does anyone have to give you a guarantee AN and Wake 2 will be xbox only? Will that make the game less fun?
                    Team Yu
                    https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                    http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

There's also a very good question. Will there be a retail selling of this game? I'd love to buy it for PC, if it's in retail version, and if possible a collector's edition, just like XBOX 360's.

Many retail versioned games DO have the protective codes on them, and much of all, the Steam is safe against piracy.
                      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

My guess is digital only.
                        Team Yu
                        https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                        http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

I wanna know if it'll also be on GFWL and if it'll have Steam Achievements/Live Achievements. I presume it will.

Either way, you have a sale from me even though I already have it on the 360 xD

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                            There's also a very good question. Will there be a retail selling of this game? I'd love to buy it for PC, if it's in retail version, and if possible a collector's edition, just like XBOX 360's.

Many retail versioned games DO have the protective codes on them, and much of all, the Steam is safe against piracy.
                            Of course there has to be. Not everybody still has fast internet. And being steamworks title, you can have physical copy of the game and also get in to steam, I like that.

Comment

Hmm, why are ya' all so existed, I mean, we all already have the game. We've all had it for well over a year. I can understand why one who doesn't own an Xbox 360 would be existed but obviously all of us here do own one.

Out of curiosity, are some of you considering buying it again just for the PC version?

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                              The PC release will also include both DLC's, The Signal and The Writer!
                              This interview (with one spelling error to many) was published today: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ke-pc-preview/, and it says that Remedy hasn't decided yet. So you guys decided that just over a few hours?

Comment

HOLY..
                                GUYS, LIKE SERIOUSLY, I love you so much.
                                Guess I'll be buying a THIRD copy of the game now.
                                All of them worth it.
                                Playing AW on my 360 is one thing and it was a blast, but playing it at 1080p with prettier textures, AA, et cetera on my PC will be something entirely different.
                                Last edited by AeddGynvael; 12-14-2011, 06:42 PM.
                                "There's an old tale wrought with the mystery of Tom the Poet and his Muse and a magic lake, which gave a life to the words the Poet used.."

Comment

Working...
                                X