This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You probably heard…

The news is out. We’re working on something new and exciting, something big, called Quantum Break. Which means that the next big game from Remedy is not going to be Alan Wake 2. That’s probably somewhat of a shock to many of you out there. I’ve been biting my tongue, dying to tell you about this a lot sooner, but here we are.

I’m really proud of everything we‘ve done with Alan Wake so far. We all love Wake dearly at Remedy, and definitely want to make more Wake games when the time is right, but right now we are really excited and fully committed to making Quantum Break into the best Remedy game so far, the ultimate Remedy experience. I hope you’ll like it too. We’ve put together a video where I talk about this decision and Wake in general in more detail. You’ll be able to see that tomorrow.

Re: You probably heard…

I understand. I'd have preferred an Alan Wake sequel, but knowing that Quantum Break is the next big thing from Remedy makes me incredibly excited nonetheless. The Remedy trademarks seemed to be there in that short teaser (story based, atmospheric, etc).

Good luck on the project guys and can't wait to see more about it!

Will it be at E3?

Comment

Thanks for that. I really appreciate it. I'm open to new things. And I can certainly wait for Alan Wake. Again. It's gonna be worth it

Comment

Heh, I knew something was up when I saw SamLakeRMD registering here only a few moments before XBOX One annoucement.

It's certainly a risky decision and I hope it pays off.
        KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Say it ain't so I will look forward to this immensely but I think it looks like this was MS idea so that they had a new xbox exclusive IP to announce, I mean its not like AW is a worn out title we've had 1 game and an xbla game you don't just start a new IP and put the other on the back burner so soon
          Last edited by Killie Lad; 05-21-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Quantum Break looks really interesting. I hope there will be more Alan Wake games too in the future.

Comment

Hmm, while I can't deny that Quantum Break looks good, and it will probably have that same RMD magic that has made previous titles so unforgettable, I really don't think I can support the idea of putting a series on hiatus mid-story. It's just not good form. I'll probably cave and buy Quantum Break eventually (IF I buy an Xbox One. AW2 would made it a guaranteed purchase), but for now I think I'm out. After all, what's the point in investing in another essentially narrative driven game if that narrative may never see completion (sure, QB might be a standalone, self contained story, but we don't know that yet)?
              Last edited by Pauloselhombre; 05-21-2013, 08:49 PM. Reason: Numerous typos.
              That's no ordinary sword. In my hands it guarantees freedom.

Comment

so uhh is the storyline thought up by RMD or MS?
                End of the internets

Comment

Originally posted by SamLakeRMD View Post
                  The news is out. We’re working on something new and exciting, something big, called Quantum Break. Which means that the next big game from Remedy is not going to be Alan Wake 2. That’s probably somewhat of a shock to many of you out there. I’ve been biting my tongue, dying to tell you about this a lot sooner, but here we are.

I’m really proud of everything we‘ve done with Alan Wake so far. We all love Wake dearly at Remedy, and definitely want to make more Wake games when the time is right, but right now we are really excited and fully committed to making Quantum Break into the best Remedy game so far, the ultimate Remedy experience. I hope you’ll like it too. We’ve put together a video where I talk about this decision and Wake in general in more detail. You’ll be able to see that tomorrow.
                  I'm very excited too, but please don't let Alan Wake become the new Half Life 3.
                  Everyone loves it. Everyone wants it. But it is still not coming.

Comment

Very sad news indeed, I understand your decision, but the next product I buy from Remedy is the next Alan Wake game and nothing else until that. I hold the Alan Wake series as one of the very best I have ever played.

I am sure that Quantum is/will be very interesting and a good game, but I personally could not be less interested in it if I am honest.

Comment

Originally posted by 501105 View Post
                      Very sad news indeed, I understand your decision, but the next product I buy from Remedy is the next Alan Wake game and nothing else until that. I hold the Alan Wake series as one of the very best I have ever played.

I am sure that Quantum is/will be very interesting and a good game, but I personally could not be less interested in it if I am honest.
                      I bet a lot people thougth the same in 2005 about Max PAyne, when they revealed Alan Wake as their next game

Comment

Alan Wake is my all time favourite game... So I'm not happy...
                        What the Helheim?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenCoffee View Post
                          I bet a lot people thougth the same in 2005 about Max PAyne, when they revealed Alan Wake as their next game
                          Difference being that I chose Alan Wake to be my first Remedy series, I was and am not interested in Max Payne. Ah well, I will just come back in a few years time and every now and then for any tidbits about Alan Wake 2.

Comment

Don't be such drama queens, guys. Wait for the video tomorrow. Wait for E3 for gameplay (I hope and assume). There'll be Alan Wake in the future, or so it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by 501105 View Post
                              Difference being that I chose Alan Wake to be my first Remedy series, I was and am not interested in Max Payne. Ah well, I will just come back in a few years time and every now and then for any tidbits about Alan Wake 2.
                              Me too and i know what you feel rigth now. But we should look forward and be corious what Remedy will deliever us

Comment

Working...
                              X