X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You probably heard…

Dear Remedy,

Whatever dudes just make us some more Alan Wake when you can schedule it please (how about a DX11 Alan Wake Ultimate sometime in 2014 with all current Alan Wake content re-released in DX11 quality to keep those Alan Wake fires awake!!).

Xbox One is quite rightly getting slated online now MS are looking to create a home entertainment hub most of your fanbase are Core gamers who have no interest in Kinect BS or whatever else MS chose to use like Cloud Gaming (to combat piracy right!) I know you cannot say anything negative but you must understand most gamers PC or otherwise ONLY want the high quality games we do not care about the other media player BS thats what our PC's are for!

Thanks for listening.

Comment

Though I admit, I was dissapointed at first to see that the next game wouldn't be Alan Wake, I know RMD is sure to make an AW2 at some point, and I have full support that Quantum Break is going to be an amazing game. The first game I ever played was Max Payne, when I was just 3 years old, and ever since I've played all RMD games non-stop and been a huge RMD fans. You guys make the best games around, period, and I'm sure Quantum Break will be a hit.

Comment

I ****ing jumped when i saw the remedy logo, then i almost started to cry. Alan Wake is one of the most brilliant games ever and i have been looking forward to it since i first played alan when it was released. Why all the tweets about "it is happening again", it´s like a slap in the face to your fans. I am sure you will do something great with your new title, but i got worried right away when i saw a cop that looked to be the main character and something that looked like swat guys. In my mind Alan cant be replaced by a cop and the darkness by swat. But who knows, maybe it turns out great, but i have a feeling that this will be to much of a traditional 3 person shooter(just gunning) that try to have a bigger storry than it will manage in the end. I hope i am terribly wrong, and i hope you deliver a great game, even if i think it will not fill Alans Shoes. I just wish you would have told Alans story before you started something new.

Best of luck and i will buy it.

Now i will go an cut my arms.
        Last edited by fantomax; 05-22-2013, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fantomax View Post
          I ****ing jumped when i saw the remedy logo, then i almost started to cry. Alan Wake is one of the most brilliant games ever and i have been looking forward to it since i first played alan when it was released. Why all the tweets about "it is happening again", it´s like a slap in the face to your fans. I am sure you will do something great with your new title, but i got worried right away when i saw a cop that looked to be the main character and something that looked like swat guys. In my mind Alan cant be replaced by a cop and the darkness by swat. But who knows, maybe it turns out great, but i have a feeling that this will be to much of a traditional 3 person shooter(just gunning) that try to have a bigger storry than it will manage in the end. I hope i am terribly wrong, and i hope you deliver a great game, even if i think it will not fill Alans Shoes. I just wish you would have told Alans story before you started something new.

Best of luck and i will buy it.

Now i will go an cut my arms.
          Did you read the post? This isn't replacing Alan Wake at all...
          Awaiting Alan Wake 2 announcement... whenever it comes.

Comment

That image sums it up well how i've felt after the teaser Nevertheless GL to Remedy, i'm sure Quantum Break is gonna be awesome! However Alan Wake's journey through the night MUST continue!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeBloom View Post
              Did you read the post? This isn't replacing Alan Wake at all...
              I know, but I would take a new AW game over this any day. We will probobly have to wait until atleast 2015 for a new Alan Wake. I would just much rather see Remedy put their time on AW2 over this.... I would feel a lot better if the teaser wasnt so dull.
              I was expecting them to show AW2 today, and that would have made my decision on which consol i will buy first much easier. But we will see at E3

Comment

What time tomorrow will the video be released?

Comment

I'm not going to lie: I'm literally heart broken that Wake is being rested in favor of a new IP, especially given all the excitement the fan base has been feeling for it following the conclusion of American Nightmare and all the little things we've been seeing online (like that fantastic blog).

I'm a Sony loyalist. That's nothing to do with brand love or being a fanboy, it's simple economics vs available titles. Sony has always had more exclusive content that interests me, but when Alan Wake came to light... well, it's safe to say I only purchased the 360 to play Alane Wake and then ended up gifting the console to my sister when Alan Wake was released for PC.

I'm just not sure Quantum Break will have the same draw, so the chances of me getting to play it are pretty slim. I had just about convinced myself it'd be okay to pick up an Xbox One as well as a PS4 if Alan Wake 2 was an exclusive for Xbox One, but that mental argument doesn't hold water for a new IP. Perhaps I'll get to play it if and when Alan Wake 2 is released.

I hope the game is awesome and I'm glad Remedy is getting to do something that really excites them, but as a massive fan of Alan Wake -- it's probably my single favorite gaming franchise -- this feels like a really dark day indeed.
                  "I'm not afraid to be the center of attention!"

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
                    Think of it like Christopher Nolan films - sometimes its a good idea to have a break between sequels to allow the creativity to flow...
                    I've never liked the film comparison, largely because of the length of time it takes for these sorts of games to gestate.

Nolan's Batman films released three to four years apart. If we play it safe and assume Alan Wake 2 won't be out until 2016, that's at least a six year wait between numbered sequels (American Nightmare was great, but it's hardly a full fledged sequel). That's a pretty harsh gap given the cliffhanger nature of the storyline.

I'd probably feel differently if Alan Wake was a singular entity, but it doesn't feel like a satisfying solitary experience, it feels like the beginning of something much bigger. In comparison, I'd be perfectly happy to wait five or six years for an Uncharted 4 because the end of the third game feels like a natural conclusion to the story it was telling.

Alan Wake feels like it ends in the middle of the story, and a half-read book is like an unfinished love affair.

...yes, I stole that from Cloud Atlas. It's an apt description of how I feel about Alan Wake taking the back seat: just utterly heartbroken.
                    "I'm not afraid to be the center of attention!"

Comment

Eagerly waiting for the video today.

I hope that Quantum Break sells sh*t load of copies and then we get Alan Wake 2 with huge budget.
                      My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

I don't know but for some reason I feel like I understand Remedy's decision. Quantum Break looks really interesting and probably will build a larger fan base. Which is always better for any company.
                        I am a huge huge huge Remedy fan (and also of Alan Wake) and will always be supportive.

And all I can say is I'll try my best to get the console and the game (to support Remedy), but that will have to wait a long time.

What my mind wants to think is maybe this game is in the same universe as Alan Wake and somehow connected to it. Crazy random thought.

Anyway, all the best for the new game Remedy.

Comment

Another heart-broken fan here

If I would have to compare, Alan Wake is like a fine vine made of the best bio-eco grapes... where the rest is like a orange juice you find in your local store made out of gen.modifed fruits, filled with toxic pesticides and gods knows what else.

QUANTUM BREAK
                          A story by
                          Alan Wake
                          That could lessen the pain, a bit.
                          Last edited by thermos; 05-22-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I won't lie; i was heart broken when Alan Wake 2 was not annoounced, and i was devastated and shattered, i began to stupidly think that Lake and Remedy had buried Alan Wake, and just started something new. After seeing Lake's tweet, my faith was restored and i could finally smile....

I support their decision, after all it is Remedy and they haven't disappointed us yet, and they know how to make a game. This is something different for them, exciting and new for them and i'm proud of them!! I'd play QB, but I'm sorry...... Microsoft basically screwed us with this XBOX ONE, it sounds and is terrible and i'm not buying it, my only selling point was in fact, Alan Wake 2. It's of course, not Remedy's fault MS has done such a poor POOR job on their next Gen, I hope they get a PC Port for QB, so us PC gamers can enjoy Remedy's work.... they deserve it!..... knowing that Alan Wake is still hiding and awaiting to continue, still keeps me in high spirits and i'll forever be waiting to step into Alan's shoes again, because that game has changed my life for the better. <3
                            Find the light.....
                            My Art
                            ALAN WAKE IS MY MUSE.

Comment

I'm actually OK that the game announced wasn't AW2 since it would have meant it's a console exclusive and that would have meant there would have been no chance, if any, seeing that game on the PC any time soon.

I would still buy Quantum Break at launch just for a fact it's a Remedy game but at least there's a hope now AW2 will not be exclusive to consoles and I (and all the other PC guys and girls out there) get to play that soon after launch.

I have made the decision once to buy a game console solely for one game but I will not be doing it again, sorry MS and Sony, but I prefer my gaming on the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
                                Think of it like Christopher Nolan films - sometimes its a good idea to have a break between sequels to allow the creativity to flow (Disclaimer: I'm not saying that there is an AW2 in the making - I don't know any more than you guys at this point, so don't take that out of context. Yes, I'm looking at you, gaming press!!)

Also, a huge thanks to Sam for posting! For those of you who were with us during the Alan Wake development, you will know that this is actually Sam's first public appearance on these forums!
                                This is a nice thougth!

Comment

Working...
                                X