This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You probably heard…

Alan Wake was more than a game to me. I'll be honest, I don't play many games because most I find are lacking in story and depth. Alan Wake is the only game that I can sit down, finish it and start it again without hesitation. I feel a strong sadness that I've never felt from the loss of a franchise. Even though we might see more of Alan again, it's the not knowing that's both hopeful and depressing. I know this is a corny post, but I'm being honest. I want to give Quantum Break a try and I'll most likely buy an Xbox One just to play it, but like it's predecessor, it's the only reason I'd buy it. I understand why they didn't make Alan Wake 2, but I can't help but feel sad. Remedy is hands down my favorite developer, with Valve coming in second. I'm very excited for Quantum Break, I'll be following it closely. Whew, I feel like a good friend died. It's sad that the disappointment of the lack of a game has hung over my head like a storm cloud since yesterday. You know Remedy made something cutting edge when it makes someone like me, who doesn't play many games act like such a nut. Sorry guys, had to rant. I don't feel better. Oh well.
    Last edited by jriley0035; 05-23-2013, 01:33 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Alan Wake? For me, It's not a game, it's a masterpiece.

But I fully support Remedy, they would never disappoint us by any mean. And about Quantum Break, they have reasons to do it just for X1 now. Be positive everyone, Alan Wake evaded to X360 before coming to PC. The same case will be with Quantum Break too, I think.

And yes, I'm still a fan of Remedy, over more than past 10 years.
      My Steam Profile

Comment

It's very sad that the future of Alan Wake lies now far far away.

Maybe Quantum Break will wash away my tears, but I hope the PC-Users will not have to wait as long as AW was ported to the PC.

An XBOX One will not find a way into my Living room!!!
        i7 870 + Zotac 470GTX AMP! + 12GB 1333-CL7-DDR3 + Win7 64Bit + AW2310+3D-Vision

Comment

Originally posted by FlintEastwood View Post
          An XBOX One will not find a way into my Living room!!!
          Here here!!
          What the Helheim?

Comment

David Cage (of Heavy Rain fame) said something not so long ago that I think applies here:

“The result is very simple,” explains Cage. “Gamers invest money in publishers having no interest in innovation”. So according to Cage we get keep getting repeats and numbered installments because that’s what we pay for. “[Gamers] encourage [publishers] to keep making the same game every Christmas, and everybody’s happy”.

For Cage that’s not the way to do it. “If you’re interested in innovation and believe that games could be more than shooters, then you realise that sequels kill creativity and innovation”. That’s why Beyond: Two Souls is going to be different. “We don’t give people what they expect. We want to give them something they want without knowing they want it”.
            Source

I think innovation has always been an important factor in Remedy's development practices, and I would hope for more of that sentiment to be present throughout the game dev community. There can always be a return to Alan Wake, but this sort of opportunity can alleviate stagnation for both the studio and the fans.
            <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

The only sad thing in all this history is: Xbox One only.
              I really hope that Quantum Break find his way to PC some day, seems very promising.

Yeah, I will never buy a XOne even if some random guy in street try to sell it for 5 bucks. SO, no Quantum Break for me, sadly. =/

Comment

I'm fully on board with Remedy's decision! Even authors need a break between novel series! Sometimes when you're saturated with one story and the world within that story, you need to jump into a completely different universe to refresh yourself. then when you go back, maybe you'll be able to take the other world in a new and better direction. More power to you guys! I look forward to it!
                Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
                -Garfield the Cat

Comment

I'm underwhelmed, and saddened. It's like asking me if I want ice cream, with sprinkles on top, and then I'm handed a Melba toast wafer. It wasn't what I was expecting. But, I'm better now that I've had time to ponder it. At least they were upfront about it and gave us something, even if it was glimmer of hope that it wasn't being forgotten.

In all seriousness: I'm waiting to see how this unfolds. I can wait a few more years, I suppose, but I'm not the one least bit interested in a console-exclusive game. Certainly don't think I'll buy a new console platform just to play one game, and Microsoft's new console just doesn't look that appealing to me.

And so, I'm stuck in Bright Falls, waiting for a glimmer of hope in the darkness ahead. I've got my 12-gauge loaded and ready for more Taken to plug holes in, my Energizer-loaded Maglite® is right here by my side. (To the Darkness) "Come get some..."
                  Last edited by EbonHawk; 06-03-2013, 12:43 PM. Reason: truly regretful of some of the things I posted

Comment

Why do I feel like the only person completely unfazed by the trailer? It seemed to me it was just an announcement that they're working on the game. Gameplay and everything will be detailed later.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Peak View Post
                      Why do I feel like the only person completely unfazed by the trailer? It seemed to me it was just an announcement that they're working on the game. Gameplay and everything will be detailed later.
                      I wasn't so much "unfazed" as I felt like I had had a red-hot poker of disappointment shoved through my gamer's soul. I'm better now, now that I've had time to think on it. Everybody's gotta do what they gotta do. And AW2 will just be that much better for it, I'm hoping.

I truly hope that, for you, Quantum Break is everything you've ever wanted in a game release. Maybe it will be, only time will tell. Maybe it will be the first ever game to make me want to buy a console. Things change, people change. We'll just have to see...
                      Last edited by EbonHawk; 06-03-2013, 12:59 PM. Reason: (split personalities; the dark side has been dealt with)

Comment

When I first heard about Quantum Break, I accidently heard "Quantum Cake"...
                        This is, if you excuse me, a DAMN fine cup of coffee"

Comment

Just had to say, I'm finally playing through Alan Wake again. A friend had borrowed it a long time ago but I finally got it back today, only to find it doesn't work! Fortunately, my recent illustrious depiction of Mr. Scratch won me two free Steam keys, and I'm marveling all over again at just how beautiful Bright Falls is. If I wasn't constantly avoiding getting killed, I could stay there forever. I'm sorry to see Alan Wake put away, but business is business, and sometimes you just have to do what pays the bills. Still, knowing the heart that was put into AW, I can only imagine what QB has in store.
                          Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
                          -Garfield the Cat

Comment

Go ahead and do your best on Quantum Break and afther that they they can devote 100% of their effort into Alan Wake. Xbox One is already preorderd and cant wait to play what ever is next from Remedy.

Comment

Better for them to take their time with Alan Wake 2 (and make the decision to keep semi-automatics and boosted stamina out of it!) than to ruin it by catering to people wanting just another shooter. American Nightmare was scary in only one way: it made me fear that this upcoming sequel will just plain suck

Comment

People seem to forget the poor sales.

AW2 wont ever happen.
                                Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Working...
                                X