X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SamLakeRMD
    started a topic You probably heard…

You probably heard…

The news is out. We’re working on something new and exciting, something big, called Quantum Break. Which means that the next big game from Remedy is not going to be Alan Wake 2. That’s probably somewhat of a shock to many of you out there. I’ve been biting my tongue, dying to tell you about this a lot sooner, but here we are.

I’m really proud of everything we‘ve done with Alan Wake so far. We all love Wake dearly at Remedy, and definitely want to make more Wake games when the time is right, but right now we are really excited and fully committed to making Quantum Break into the best Remedy game so far, the ultimate Remedy experience. I hope you’ll like it too. We’ve put together a video where I talk about this decision and Wake in general in more detail. You’ll be able to see that tomorrow.

• EbonHawk
    replied
    So, you probably heard.. Remedy's next big thing is once again, not Alan Wake 2, and it's called Control. Which will be an Epic Games Store exclusive deal for 1 year.

Remedy is trying hard as they can to make me not a fan. I absolutely detest EGS; I don't trust them; am afraid to give them my info. I want exclusivity deals to disappear. Sadly, that won't happen as long as people keep buying those games that do that.

Guess I will have to switch hobbies / habits, this is getting ridiculous. So sad. :-(

Leave a comment:

• QuantumWake
    replied
    Re: You probably heard…

Originally posted by Humpski View Post
    I really hope Alan Wake 2 is multi-plat. Is Remedy an Xbox only studio? I went PS4 this gen.
    Nope. Remedy is independent. Alan Wake on PS4 could be a possibility.

Leave a comment:

• Humpski
    replied

I really hope Alan Wake 2 is multi-plat. Is Remedy an Xbox only studio? I went PS4 this gen.

Leave a comment:

• tomthepoet
    replied

Thanks for the atention you devote the fans Sam Lake and Remedy.

I loved Alan Wake, much because of the horror, slow pacing and dingy nature, so I'm kinda sad than it is put on hold.

Still I wish the best of luck with Quantum Break! But don't forget Alan Wake!

Leave a comment:

• LSKzane
    replied

Today i (again) realized it's probably still gonna be a couple of years until we continue Alan's Journey through the Night. It made me sad

Leave a comment:

• MutantMaRc
    replied

[MENTION=25483]Vic 2.0[/MENTION] AWAN is a great short game. And I agree. AWAN was more like Remedy creating something fun for the fans just to pass the time until the sequel was made, but I guess things changed and now we have to wait. I hope their new game QB comes to pc just like AW did. I'm still a bit "big" iffy on the xbone.

Leave a comment:

• Vic 2.0
    replied

Originally posted by MutantMaRc View Post
    [MENTION=4905]djshauny1[/MENTION] you seem to forget sam lake's video. he explains that the game may not be happening now, but that doesn't mean it is over. plus the cliffhanger at the very end.
    Correct. And if nothing else, people seemed very impressed with the new introductions in American Nightmare. While I don't agree that, well, [B]any[B] of these things were improvements, safe to say there's a whole new reason for people to anticipate the sequel. I imagine a good percentage of them will rush to buy it if only they carry "Fight Til Dawn" over. That mode's just a tweak or two (multiplayer, best weapons available in every map, etc.) away from being the next big thing.

Leave a comment:

• MutantMaRc
    replied

[MENTION=4905]djshauny1[/MENTION] you seem to forget sam lake's video. he explains that the game may not be happening now, but that doesn't mean it is over. plus the cliffhanger at the very end.

Leave a comment:

• djshauny1
    replied

People seem to forget the poor sales.

AW2 wont ever happen.

Leave a comment:

• Vic 2.0
    replied

Better for them to take their time with Alan Wake 2 (and make the decision to keep semi-automatics and boosted stamina out of it!) than to ruin it by catering to people wanting just another shooter. American Nightmare was scary in only one way: it made me fear that this upcoming sequel will just plain suck

Leave a comment:

• Vasto
    replied

Go ahead and do your best on Quantum Break and afther that they they can devote 100% of their effort into Alan Wake. Xbox One is already preorderd and cant wait to play what ever is next from Remedy.

Leave a comment:

• TheArtist
    replied

Just had to say, I'm finally playing through Alan Wake again. A friend had borrowed it a long time ago but I finally got it back today, only to find it doesn't work! Fortunately, my recent illustrious depiction of Mr. Scratch won me two free Steam keys, and I'm marveling all over again at just how beautiful Bright Falls is. If I wasn't constantly avoiding getting killed, I could stay there forever. I'm sorry to see Alan Wake put away, but business is business, and sometimes you just have to do what pays the bills. Still, knowing the heart that was put into AW, I can only imagine what QB has in store.

Leave a comment:

• ThomaZane
    replied

When I first heard about Quantum Break, I accidently heard "Quantum Cake"...

Leave a comment:

• EbonHawk
    replied

Originally posted by Mirror Peak View Post
    Why do I feel like the only person completely unfazed by the trailer? It seemed to me it was just an announcement that they're working on the game. Gameplay and everything will be detailed later.
    I wasn't so much "unfazed" as I felt like I had had a red-hot poker of disappointment shoved through my gamer's soul. I'm better now, now that I've had time to think on it. Everybody's gotta do what they gotta do. And AW2 will just be that much better for it, I'm hoping.

I truly hope that, for you, Quantum Break is everything you've ever wanted in a game release. Maybe it will be, only time will tell. Maybe it will be the first ever game to make me want to buy a console. Things change, people change. We'll just have to see...
    Last edited by EbonHawk; 06-03-2013, 12:59 PM. Reason: (split personalities; the dark side has been dealt with)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X