This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sam Lake's Announcement to the Fans

I thought it was a good move to make this video. But as much as I'm looking forward to Quantum Break, I signed up just to give yet another vote for Alan Wake 2 on Xbox One. Here's hoping the business requirements match up with what the fans want in the coming years.

Comment

Just finished playing through Alan Wake American Nightmare for the third time and now I am about to start playing Alan Wake for maybe the sixth or so time. I am replaying these games because I am probably going to be getting rid of my xbox360 soon to get a next gen console.

I've got to say that I must have played well over 100 games this generation on my xbox and Alan Wake was probably my favourite of them all!

It is such a shame the funding was not there for a full sequel, especially as the Alan Wake story has no conclusion. I just watched this video and it is always nice to see developers share their passion with the fans even when some of them start giving abuse out in a tantrum that their favourite game isn't getting a sequel.

Now it is decision time, Xbox One or PS4 and my biggest issue is Quantum Break. I kind of want a PS4 but I think I will be getting the Xbox because I can't think I can pass on a Remedy game, both of the Max Payne games and the Alan Wake games were all amazing and I have full confidence that QB will be the same.

Thanks Remedy for the AW games they are truly outstanding and good luck with Quantum Break.

Comment

Quantum Break looks interesting certainly but am very disappointed to hear AW2 is on hold indefinitely or dead depending on how you look at things.

AW was the reason I got back into console gaming and bought a 360, I am now in the process of getting rid of my 360 and will probably go for a PS4 as although they backtracked on stuff like the heavy handed DRM I don't feel I can trust them now.

I did buy the PC port of AW as still think its terrific.

I don't know about elsewhere in the world but when AW was released I didn't see any TV advertising of it here in the UK and I really think it was a game had lots of material that could be used as advertising teasers, particularly around horror or psychological thriller films, I really think if it had been advertised more it might have sold better but as others have said, thanks for the honesty.

I really hope you port Quantum Break to PC as would love to play it but not enough to buy an Xbox One.
        Last edited by pctech; 03-29-2014, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Is there any way to still purchase the stuff that was included in the humble bundle??? When I read the announcement the sales on HB were already over, and I've been looking since with no luck...

Comment

I want another Alan Wake. BUT Quantum Break looks really cool, and it's persuading me to buy an xbox one (much like how Alan Wake persuaded me to get a 360).

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBox08 View Post
              I want another Alan Wake. BUT Quantum Break looks really cool, and it's persuading me to buy an xbox one (much like how Alan Wake persuaded me to get a 360).

Same here. I literally bought a 360 for Alan Wake. I'll do the same for Quantum Break. I have nothing against Xbox. I'm just more of a PC gamer.

Comment

It's been a long time, so I think I'll necro.

Are there any long term plans for Remedy to bring back Alan Wake for a sequel? If Quantum Break sells well, what are the chances of Remedy using that selling power to bring Alan back to the forefront of gaming?
                "Because you won, I am speaking in a Dramatic Voice"

Comment

What can I say: i don't have XBOX ONE, but i wanna buy your next game (i hope PC release is planned but not announced, iven my pc was too old or game), because i want new Alan Wake game.

Comment

Just saw IGN New's video on Remedy may go back to making Alan Wake sequal after Quantum Break. Makes me so happy Though it is just an idea at the moment.
                    HAtCHEt MEDiA Productions - Where entertainment just got weirder

Comment

• I'm sure I remember someone on here saying this before. But wouldn't it be cool if a part in Alan Wake 2 had you play as Thomas Zane for a bit in sort of a flash back? It could lead in with the death of Barbara Jagger and start after he tried to bring her back to life, it'd be cool to see the Old (younger) Gods assist Tom as well. I have a good feeling Alan Wake 2 in happening in the next few years. It would be so weird to go back to that same cabin as Tom and see how it all unfolded.

Comment

• Absolutely! I enjoyed the Thomas Zane moments of the game, I would love to check out more about his and Jagger's backstory too. I could see a playable flashback section working.

*Fingers crossed for Alan Wake 2*
                        The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

• I was talking with my wife after playing episode 2 of Alan Wake (again) and I realized something while thinking about the Quantum Break easter egg. So Alex Casey, the character created by Alan Wake for his novels, is looking for Alan Wake in Quantum Break. On the Board behind Casey and his partner, in the clip, is a note with the word A.W.E., which, I'll avoid the "awesome" joke, even though it is not easy. A.W.E. has been a recurring tease since the thishouseofdreams incident. Anyways... in the Alan Wake 2 prototype, we see The Darkness use the UFO shown on a TV set, and bring it into reality.Has this Alex Casey been pulled into reality to mess with Wake, or am I overthinking this. I am, I know I am...APRIL 5th, where are you?

Comment

• jriley0035 sounds interesting. And kinda cool, really would like to meet Alex Casey in the actual game.

But remember when Game Informer released the very first Screenshot of Alan Wake's American Nightmare, and pretty much everyone saw like faces in the clouds and shit?
                            I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Working...
                            X