Is this the end for Alan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the end for Alan?

Todays news were really dissapointing. All the things Remedy teased for AW 2, all their hard work to create some truly great characters and an amazing story that remains with countless of questions.....is this the end for Alan?
    A Raiders of the Lost Ark reference that marks the cancellation of the series?
    What do you think? Will Alan be back one day or is this truly the end for our beloved IP?
    Last edited by edcar007; 05-22-2013, 08:39 PM.
    ''Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there’s little fun to be had in explanations; they’re antithetical to the poetry of fear...''
    -Stephen King

Re: Is this the end for Alan?

I truly believe that Remedy is going to continue the franchise.
    It might not be anytime soon, but it will come one day.
    KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

I hope so but I doubt it tbh.
      Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

It might or might not, but it will be a loooong time until and if Alan will surface ever again, a truly sad day.

Comment

No no goddamit no no no no no no non on on on on on on onoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

remedy kickstarter this right f*cking now!!
          "This is the way the world ends
          Not with a bang but a whimper."

-T.S Eliot-

Comment

Originally posted by SierraJohn117 View Post
            No no goddamit no no no no no no non on on on on on on onoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

remedy kickstarter this right f*cking now!!
            Thats a good idea. If money is such an issue then KS it.

I call BS on the whole thing and blame MS
            Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

I didnt think so until today when i saw the video. It´s really sad that MS ****ed this up. Release it for both xbox and pc and you solve the problem with bad sales. It has sold over 3 million copies and has a good sized fanbase.
              I will buy QB just to support remedy so they can do another AW.
              I hope we atleast can get a dlc with some ending to it, just do it on the old engine and use the same of evertyhing, just expand the story and make a real ending.¨

For me, to let AW go would be the biggest dissapointment i have ever had with anything related to gaming. Even bigger then ME3 ending.
              AW is one of the few games that makes a difference in todays videogaming, and for that, it needs to live on.

Comment

At this point, all efforts are on QB. A new Alan Wake title will probably be in the long, long distant future.
                "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
                -Tyler Durden

Comment

Being a launch title, Quantum Break should be quite close to release. Even if they do start absolutely from scratch with Alan Wake 2 it shouldn't be that far away. It will be an uncomfortable wait but they're certainly not gonna need another five years to build it.

Of course it's possible they get carried away with Quantum Break. Or it might flop so disastrously they still can't afford to make Alan Wake 2. It's not very probable but hey.
                  Last edited by Ruuttu; 05-22-2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

I'd give it maybe 1 year. Obviously QB might get some DLC support. At that point when Remedy has released all the potential DLC for QB, the next title is up in the air.
                    "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
                    -Tyler Durden

Comment

To be honest I don't think Alan Wake will see the light anytime soon

MS is funding Quantum Break and they sure would like RMD to make more sequels, so if they succed with QB that means no AW and if they fail that also means no AW.

Remedy should make the best game ever Quantum Break or they will be in serious trouble. Some game studios just dissapear thanks to failures or funding, see Team Bundi creators of L.A. Noire.
                      Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                      Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

I've lost every hope for Alan to comeback after this very day. Today Alan Wake 2 gained the HL3 status. It got killed by MS greedy executives and not that Remedy wasn't so creative and all that Sam describes. After all there is no way he could come up and say"they forced us to do this" I believe it got axed by MS because of the sales of AW at its launch. Guys don't you think that its a little mysterious in a way that last year we got teased SO bad for something Alan Wake-related and a year later -probably after some negotiations with M$- they told them "moneys over for something that will not bring us millions do something else" and bam Wakey goes to the cryochamber.
                        I'm sad because the experience that this game gave me and the memories I have playing it will stay with me forever.
                        Please Remedy ignore all the exec stuff and put AW2 on Kickstarter!

Nonetheless good luck with Quantum Break I'm sure DAMN freakin in sure it will be phenomenal just by its format. But personally it won't convice me to buy the Xbox One.

Comment

AW isn't dead as long as we stay vigilant as fans! Time to do our part, and keep it in the gaming consciousness
                          QB looks NICE

Comment

Why would anyone think it is dead. Sam said in the video that both Remedy and Microsoft decided to run this Alan Wake sale across Xbox Live and Humble Bundle. Why is that? So more people can get their hands on the game.

Sam also said Microsoft is paying a lot of money for Quantum Break. If they didn't believe in Remedy they wouldn't have paid them to work on another game.

We will see Alan Wake 2 after Quantum Break and most likely Remedy will alternate between games.

Comment

Originally posted by MattS71 View Post
                              AW isn't dead as long as we stay vigilant as fans! Time to do our part, and keep it in the gaming consciousness
                              Exactly, you hit the nail on the head!!! The fans need to play a big part here, lets do it, lets get alan out of the damn darkness guys!!! It's meant to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X