Is this the end for Alan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this the end for Alan?

Got in the mood after all this talk and replaying AW!!! never get tired of the game!
    QB looks NICE

Comment

I'd like to believe it will continue, but based on Sam Lake's video, the decision not to go forward with Alan Wake 2 was largely down to money. Alan Wake didn't sell well enough, so Microsoft didn't want to fund the creation of an even bigger game set in the same universe.

What's going to make Microsoft any more likely to want to fund such a game two or three years from now when the franchise has become a relic of the previous console generation?

I live in hope it will continue -- and the people at Remedy clearly seem to want it to -- but at the moment it feels dead, and that seems to be entirely down to business issues. The only way I can see it coming back is if another publisher decides to pick the franchise up.
      "I'm not afraid to be the center of attention!"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Scratch View Post
        I'd like to believe it will continue, but based on Sam Lake's video, the decision not to go forward with Alan Wake 2 was largely down to money. Alan Wake didn't sell well enough, so Microsoft didn't want to fund the creation of an even bigger game set in the same universe.

What's going to make Microsoft any more likely to want to fund such a game two or three years from now when the franchise has become a relic of the previous console generation?

I live in hope it will continue -- and the people at Remedy clearly seem to want it to -- but at the moment it feels dead, and that seems to be entirely down to business issues. The only way I can see it coming back is if another publisher decides to pick the franchise up.
        My thoughts exactly.
        Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Originally posted by MattS71 View Post
          AW isn't dead as long as we stay vigilant as fans! Time to do our part, and keep it in the gaming consciousness
          That's right. We need to find some way to show remedy and microsoft that we really care about this series. Let's all band together and support the hell out of remedy and their new game when it comes out. WHO'S WITH ME!

Comment

Everyone is with you......but are you sure want to buy a a console for aprox 500 bucks to play one game?

Comment

Originally posted by maxwell247 View Post
              Everyone is with you......but are you sure want to buy a a console for aprox 500 bucks to play one game?
              I built a $2,700 computer to run AW on 1080p @60 fps with all settings maxed out. So yes, i would.
              Last edited by arugula; 05-23-2013, 01:22 PM.
              ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
              32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
              WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Originally posted by djshauny1 View Post
                Thats a good idea. If money is such an issue then KS it.

I call BS on the whole thing and blame MS
                +1 for Alan Wake 2 on Kickstarter!

Comment

Im hoping we'll see Alan Wake again one day but as long as Remedy keeps making excellent games of any kind Im happy.

I don't know if Kickstarter would work for an Alan Wake sequel unfortunately. The biggest amount of money games have managed to get from Kickstarter is around 4 million dollars and Im pretty sure Alan Wake was substantially higher budget than that.

Comment

I think it's pretty obvious that Alan Wake is not gone, just out of the picture for now. It's not difficult to see just how much Remedy cares about Alan Wake, they're proud of it and it means a lot to them. That really shows in Sam Lake's video, and I think it says a lot about the guys at Remedy as a whole to actually take the time to explain to us what's going on. They have a lot of Integrity.

They'd never get rid of Alan Wake because it just means too much to them, and I fully believe that they also wouldn't take on Alan Wake 2 until they had the resources/ability to actually do it justice, as much as they love their creation, I also don't think they'd want to take it on unless they were entirely certain they could make it perfect.

It's not Alan Wake's time now, but it will be again one day

Comment

yeah my partner said they should Kickstarter Alan Wake 2, if Funds and a full backing for the game was needed. They havn't ended Alan Wake, and they never mentioned they were abandoning it, or forgetting it. They're just focusing on QB at the moment, and waiting for the right time to give us/start on Alan Wake 2. Lake even said Wake was dear to them, it's clear they're not just going to keep him in the darkness forever......
                      Find the light.....
                      My Art
                      ALAN WAKE IS MY MUSE.

Comment

I hope not. I have some interest in QB but none in an xbxone.
                        I guess I'll just keep playing AW, the dlc, and AWAN.
                        Dang microsoft corporate types...

Comment

Working...
                        X