Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Wake Xbox One Definitive Edition.... Please Remedy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Wake Xbox One Definitive Edition.... Please Remedy?

Hows about it Remedy?

Tomb Raider did it and just gave Lara better animated hair!

Seriously though, reworked facial animation, higher resolution textures, 1080p, 60fps etc.

Wouldn't take *that* much work, fans would would buy it again (hopefully at a reduced price for those who bought it on demand) and would open up this fantastic game to new console owners.

What do you guys reckon?
    Shane: Editor-in-Chief - GameScares.com - (now offline)

Re: Alan Wake Xbox One Definitive Edition.... Please Remedy?

I think the PC version of Alan Wake should definitely satisfy the need for a definitive version. Although the PS4/XB1 version of Tomb Raider look great with the additions of dynamic foliage and sub-surface scattering , which are absent in the PC version, the main thing I'm worried about is cost. How much is MS going to charge for it? $40? $50? $60?!?! Alan Wake is about to be a 4 year old game and in my opinion it doesn't need a definitive version because the game already looks amazing.

If Remedy are going to be busting a Halo/Fable: Anniversary, they might as well do it with their older titles such as Max Payne. At this point Alan Wake's future is still uncertain and Remedy are without a doubt focusing all their efforts on Quantum Break and their iOS game, Agents of Storm.
    "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
    -Tyler Durden

Comment

Respectfully disagree, I own the 360 and PC versions, and running the PC version on max settings you have to hand it to an 8 year old console, it doesn't look thatmuch different...

They could re-release it at a low price point and as I said improve some aspects and for $10-20 I'm sure it would sell, as of right now there really isn't much to shout about on these 'next gen' consoles, I have an Xbox One and PS4 and its very sad how much dust is building up on them both, a cheeky re-release of Alan Wake would go down a treat right now I'm sure.

I guess I just want an excuse to play it again! However I don't think this game got the recognition it deserved and I'd love as many people as possible get to experience it who may have missed it at release and don't own a gaming PC.

Btw, I'm currently playing Tomb Raider on Xbox One and seriously, apart from Lara in close up it might as well be the 360 version, I must stop these impulse buys...

Comment

In any case, you can hope all you want. Sure it sounds like a great idea and all but like I said, I just don't see something like this for happening for Alan Wake just judging by the projects Remedy already have going on.

Maybe they could tell another studio to work on the port just like Tomb Raider or Halo: Anniversary. But hell, we don't even have a release date for Quantum Break yet! Let's just keep this thread around until Remedy releases QB and then see where they decide to take Alan Wake.
        "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
        -Tyler Durden

Comment

I wanna add something to this topic:
          Are there any news on mods for Alan Wake on the PC? Before the PC version was released I hoped that it would be modable. But so far I hardly heared of any big mods for the game, retexture mods, Twin Peaks mods or stuff like that.
          If you like the actor JAMES McCAFFREY you NEED to watch my James McCaffrey COLLECTION

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumWake View Post
            In any case, you can hope all you want. Sure it sounds like a great idea and all but like I said, I just don't see something like this for happening for Alan Wake just judging by the projects Remedy already have going on.

Maybe they could tell another studio to work on the port just like Tomb Raider or Halo: Anniversary. But hell, we don't even have a release date for Quantum Break yet! Let's just keep this thread around until Remedy releases QB and then see where they decide to take Alan Wake.
            Agreed, apart from licensing it out to another studio, Remedy or nothing.

Comment

Id love this to happen too.

But sadly I dont think it will due to sales etc
              Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Originally posted by GameScares View Post
                higher resolution textures, 1080p, 60fps etc.

Wouldn't take *that* much work, fans would would buy it again (hopefully at a reduced price for those who bought it on demand) and would open up this fantastic game to new console owners.

What do you guys reckon?
                It has already been done on the PC. Steam constantly has sales for AW around 90% off. You can get it all for $4. Great deal.

And the PC version is much better then xbox. Especially when using NVIDIA.
                ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
                32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
                WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Originally posted by arugula View Post
                  It has already been done on the PC. Steam constantly has sales for AW around 90% off. You can get it all for $4. Great deal.

And the PC version is much better then xbox. Especially when using NVIDIA.
                  Especially when using NVIDIA

????

Wut?
                  Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Originally posted by djshauny1 View Post
                    Especially when using NVIDIA

????

Wut?
                    Yes, I have 2 computers. 1 is AMD crossfire (Radeon 6770) and the other is NVIDIA GTX 690. It played way better and looked way better on NVIDIA computer. Both set to the max in 1080 res.

I found lighting to be much better with NVIDIA and the detail just looked better too. Both on same monitor.
                    Last edited by arugula; 02-06-2014, 09:36 PM.
                    ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
                    32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
                    WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

You're comparing a cheap old card to an expensive new card, so it isn't fair.

I'd still take the NVIDIA, though.
                      Last edited by Ruuttu; 02-06-2014, 11:23 PM.

Comment

A definitive edition on PS4/Xbox One sounds amazing cool.
                        • Alan Wake (with DLC 1 - The Signal + DLC 2 - The Writer)
                        • Alan Wake American Nightmare

Bonus
                        • Making of Videos
                        • Night Spring Episodes
                        • Balance Slays the Demon Music Video
                        • OST (possibly a full edition)
                        • A Separate Disc with Alan Wake "the Movie".
                        • Alan Wake Files Book

I'd buy it for sure, if Remedy still are unsure how about they start a kickstarter to see public interest. I supported them with in the Humble Weekly Sale ages ago, I'll support them now!

Comment

Originally posted by WarDragon989 View Post
                          if Remedy still are unsure how about they start a kickstarter to see public interest.
                          Unfortunately that kickstarter and similar crowd funding present problems for Finish companys Under the Finnish "Money Collection Act", a few crowd funding projects have been taken down or delayed and wikipedia was under police scrutiny when they where asking for donations on the front page.

Also that the Console / xbox version might be under Microsoft control still not just remedy, being the original publisher.
                          Last edited by Kennyist; 03-24-2014, 04:45 PM.
                          Linked In - My website - Steam

Comment

I would love the original on ps4, I don't know if remedy's exclusivity to Microsoft would make this impossible but would be great to bust through it again on my playstation
                            How can I miss you? If you never go away....

Comment

I'd buy two copies of a "Definitive Edition" of AW for Xbox One if it was remade with the new Northlight engine featured in Quantum Break. Simple as that!

Comment

Working...
                              X