Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remedy is hiring! Alan Wake 2?

Nope! Probably, maybe not. But...

Alright, considering release date Quantum Brake is almost done and ready to bring joy to all the new Remedy fans... but what's that? Remedy is hiring and multiple job positions are open for grabs!

My simple human logic tells me if QB is almost done yet Remedy is hiring for more studio horse-power - now what could that mean!? Let me think..... hmm. *5 min later* Alan Wake 2!!! Yeah right you wish Most probably it's a QB DLC or maybe for some reason they still are trying to do their best to polish QB, I doubt the latter thougth.

Actually the topic in question is - what it takes to make Alan Wake 2 a reality?

Again, I presume with a simple logic, Alan Wake (2) is a game which can be done right only by Remedy and only by really doing what you really love to do - to work on a 'true' Remedy experiance; to do it right - the way you, Remedy, want it, not how the publisher wants it - a mainstream money making product by implementing popular faces (not exactly a bad thing, but...). Now that QB, I presume again, has already made tons of monies for Remedy by being exclusive, they could probably sit back, relax and slowly consider plans for AW2 without thinking much about profit.

The logic is simple, as a developer sometimes you must make more profitable projects so you could make something you really want, I get it, most of fans probably get it and it's okay

To close the topic, personally and honestly I really doubt we will ever ( in the coming 10 or so years ) hear anything new about Alan Wake 2 as Remedy can keep up producing more new IPs which would bring a ton more monies and no one could blame them. I wouldn't. Look at Valve, Steam generates them gazzilion tons of monies and no future Half-Life(3) wouldn't even come close in doing so, never everrr.

In a almost perfect world we would get Alan Wake 2, 3 and same for Half-Life 3, 4...

Well, in the worst case scenario I hope it was atleast an interesting rant to read

It's indeed pretty late in the production to be searching for a lead designer...

There were some positions open before too, and i don't have even the faintest of memory what they were. probably mostly the open applications,
    I'll just say, let's hope for the best for Alan Wake. (Perhaps we could do a "get me off the Dark Place" thing, in "100,000 strong to bring back MegaMan Legends 3" way if it ends up being a QB DLC?)
    The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

Alan Wake's cult status could lead to very profitable crowdfunding if the problem is the moneys.

But regarding to the topic, I think there is lot of anticipation in the air for Alan Wake 2. I think it will happen again. In other town called Ordinary.
      My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Stammy View Post
        Alan Wake's cult status could lead to very profitable crowdfunding if the problem is the moneys.
        If AW has sales of around 5 million now. Does that still give it a cult status?

Now with QB almost done Remedy is doing the opposite of what happens usually at the end of a completed game. They are hiring when other devs are usually laying people off. Which is a good healthy sign that they may have the funding to continue whatever is on the horizon.

Sam Lake already confirmed we will get to play AW 2 so this could be it. Fingers crossed!
        ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM, Intel i7-3770K 4.2GHz
        16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 2088MHz
        HyperX 240GB SSD, Win 7 64-bit Pro

Comment

Originally posted by arugula View Post
          Sam Lake already confirmed we will get to play AW 2 so this could be it. Fingers crossed!
          Not really, he was just "forced" to say "YES", it's impossible to say otherwise.

The other most probable problem with Alan Wake 2 ever really seeing a day light without a mayor publisher's support is its marketing aspect. Marketing costs a duck-ton of monies!

Let's presume if 5mil people have played Alan Wake, how many still remember that game? Around 5%? (hardcore fans usually make around 0.1% of all). Publishers are here to make monies, lots of it. Thus they support games with mainstream appeal.

If Remedy can pull off Alan Wake 2 with similar financial potential, inner quality, depth, complicated story yet still accessable for the mainstream gamer (mainstream loves rewarding action!) like "The Last Of Us" then it is a go!

Comment

I really hope that they are planning to release Alan Wake 2; and I can only cross my fingers that they are hiring for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by thermos View Post

Not really, he was just "forced" to say "YES", it's impossible to say otherwise.
              I wouldn't say forced. When asked if we will get to play AW 2 he could of said no, not at this time, maybe, I wouldn't rule anything out, or it is not on the list of things to do. Something like that, but when asked he straight out said yes.

They are also adding an AW easter egg in QB. It pretty much states the obvious.
              ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM, Intel i7-3770K 4.2GHz
              16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 2088MHz
              HyperX 240GB SSD, Win 7 64-bit Pro

Comment

Originally posted by arugula View Post

I wouldn't say forced. When asked if we will get to play AW 2 he could of said no, not at this time, maybe, I wouldn't rule anything out, or it is not on the list of things to do. Something like that, but when asked he straight out said yes.

They are also adding an AW easter egg in QB. It pretty much states the obvious.
                Well, he was told to answer only with "Yes" or "No", thus he couldn't possibly said "No" aka "sorry guys no Alan for ya". While "Yes" means close to nothing really.

[SIZE=24px]UPDATE![/SIZE]

"Remedy is hiring for [SIZE=24px]new[/SIZE] projects" - http://remedygames.com/remedy-is-hir...-new-projects/

WHAT!??? O:

Comment

Always a good sign.

Comment

Working...
                  X