Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you feel upon playing this game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you feel upon playing this game?

You know, this is a special game that made me feel a certain way playing it. Like I really connected with the characters even though I've never had to deal with any Ghostbuster shit like Alan has. But, upon beating the game yesterday, I had to join the forum and speak on this. I wanted to know how everyone else felt beating this game and playing it. Like when I first started, I was scared as hell fighting taken here and there. But as time went on, I went exploring and was only scared a little bit by them. I kept wanting to know more of the story, and the music wasn't bad either. As chapters went on, I started getting in enemies faces, shining the Holy Ghost on them, and blasting them with the power of Chr....my gun. At one point in the game, Barbara popped up and I sat there like ''You biggity *****'', cause I felt that connected with Alan. So, how did you feel?

Also, I'm new, and hello!
    BOSS....STATUS....STATUS...!

Re: How did you feel upon playing this game?

I literally got chills because it was so awesome.
    Back to square one
    As the swine take on the faces
    Of their masters

Comment

Welcome Ferno

Yeah, I had a similiar experience. At first everything was pretty scary, but then toward the end of the game I was just like "Taken huh? No biggie. COUNTERSTRIKE!!" I still practically felt my heart stop whenever a Taken leaped out from somewhere unexpectedly, and a lot of the fights were still tense and difficult, but I knew I could take them. By that point, I too was so drawn in that I felt this compulsive need to explore and learn more about the setting, characters and story.

Ok, so the Taken and the general atmosphere still creeped me out enough that I didn't explore quite as thoroughly as I would have liked
      That's no ordinary sword. In my hands it guarantees freedom.

Comment

I actually was very tense playing this game. I hate dying in videogames, and the surprise attacks usually made my heart jump! Welcome to the forums Ferno! My Nightmare difficulty playthrough was so much fun! I refuse to play on lower difficulties now... I am currently on my third playthrough with the LCE commentary on and am loving it! When I finished Alan Wake, I just thought to myself "what a great story."

Comment

Originally posted by Ferno View Post
          At one point in the game, Barbara popped up and I sat there like ''You biggity *****'', cause I felt that connected with Alan. So, how did you feel?

Also, I'm new, and hello!
          Oh my God, I know that bit exactly. Scared the hell out of me at first. I was up close to the screen, drinking and almost choked. After the initial flailing, I was thinking "How dare she? Getting up in Alans face like that,"

Also, welcome. I am also new.

Comment

http://www.destructoid.com/alternate...e-178178.phtml

:-)

Comment

Nice article, very nice indeed.
              That's no ordinary sword. In my hands it guarantees freedom.

Comment

Working...
              X