X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best Indirect kill?

Title says it all, gents. Good Hunting.

Re: Your best Indirect kill?

I am using the definition of indirect to mean environmental kill. In that case, I would have to say the final fight before the main boss while waiting for the lift was my best string of indirect kills. Those power lines make short work of ANYTHING on ANY difficulty. I fired like 6 shots during that fight. So much easier than standard flash+shoot enemies. It was at that point I fully felt like I mastered combat in AW. It is only fair that you share yours Irish since you are intrigued enough to ask the question.

Comment

Mine wasn't actually one kill, it was one fight. On my Nightmare playthrough, I attempted the part of Night Life in Bright Falls where you have to defend Sarah as she tries to open the wooden gate like 5 times, and every time, I died horribly.

But then! I realized that the last Safe Haven was still there, just a few yards away. So on my next load I just ran over there, and every single baddie — not sure how many there are, but it felt like about 30 — ran right up and kamikazed into it, as each wave came. Even chainsaw dude. It was awesome and highly satisfying.
      Fandomania.com // Raptr Profile

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbeaux Jr View Post
        I am using the definition of indirect to mean environmental kill. In that case, I would have to say the final fight before the main boss while waiting for the lift was my best string of indirect kills. Those power lines make short work of ANYTHING on ANY difficulty. I fired like 6 shots during that fight. So much easier than standard flash+shoot enemies. It was at that point I fully felt like I mastered combat in AW. It is only fair that you share yours Irish since you are intrigued enough to ask the question.
        How do you use these lines exactly? I couldn't get them to walk into the lines on that fight, so I just spammed flare gun shots

Comment

Mine was 2 kills. I have no idea how I did it, but I know I'll never repeat it.

Crossing the transformer yard, when you go up a few steps onto a middle platform and 2 taken appear and block you from front and behind, I dropped a flare, and fired a shot at one of them.

Somehow, that taken went backwards into the live cables lying around, which caused an explosion of some sort which killed the other and left me in low health. The whole thing was kind of a flash of a light an an "oh crap I'm dead....oh wait..I'm not..", as the power shorting out killed the lights above me.

Might try recreating it!

Comment

I would have to say the part when your on the deck with your wifes supposed kidnapper. I used him as a shield and with my flares and hand gun on nightmare it was a massacre. One of the harder parts I'd say.

Comment

Most epic? Well, the part where you run through the dark forest and huge objects keep falling around you. There is also one of the fast Taken following you, you know, the blurry ones that move really fast.

I was down to a hairbreadth of health, out of breath, staggering forward that last sandy hill, on top of which are the cans that come crashing down as soon as you hit a certain spot.

I hit that spot, but then I see the blur stop and the Taken start to try and hit me with the sickle. I panic and accidentally hit the left bumper and the stick to right.
              The game goes into slow-mo, as Alan dodges right. A gas canister comes flying straight through where Alan was only a fraction of a second before, and pushes the Taken down the hill with it, only to burst into a spectacular double-explosion, with the canister exploding and the Taken going sun-burst.

I'm left, panting my ass of, watching the fireworks as rest of the cans go boom.

So cool.

Comment

Originally posted by NewFoundTerror View Post
                I would have to say the part when your on the deck with your wifes supposed kidnapper. I used him as a shield and with my flares and hand gun on nightmare it was a massacre. One of the harder parts I'd say.
                You don't have a handgun at that point

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                  How do you use these lines exactly? I couldn't get them to walk into the lines on that fight, so I just spammed flare gun shots
                  Just manuever to position the lines between you and any taken you can. They don't avoid them at all so they just walk right into the lines resulting in immediate death. It's a little harder after the first kills as the lines swing. However, they swing linearly (usually) so you can still keep the lines swinging between you and any taken. It helps to blast the taken with the flashlight to stagger them and reposition. It's a pretty fun tactic, but makes the fights almost too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                    My tactic on the power lines (the hanging ones) was the same as with Safe Havens, draw the Taken over to them and then dodge at the last second so they get zapped.

With the horizontal lines at the transformers, you can sometimes force the Taken back into them with your flashlight, or if you use a flare or something they'll back up into them.
                    Fandomania.com // Raptr Profile

Comment

A good shotgun blast will knock them back into the power lines in most cases. Sure, it uses up a shotgun shell, but it's less ammo than they would otherwise take, especially on Nightmare.
                      That's no ordinary sword. In my hands it guarantees freedom.

Comment

One of my favorites is the Safe Haven with the working toggle lever before you get to the rotating bridge on the way to the power station. Drawing the three Taken (two normal and one Big bastard) down the stairs just past the switch. Big Boy charges if he even Sees my flashlight and I have a second or two to return to the toggle lever and POW!

Comment

OMG! Allfalldown your so right. It's been awhile. I knew it was hard for a reason.

Originally posted by AllFallD0wn View Post
                          You don't have a handgun at that point

Comment

Originally posted by NewFoundTerror View Post
                            OMG! Allfalldown your so right. It's been awhile. I knew it was hard for a reason.
                            Haha. My knowledge comes from playing this game WAY too much! [5th playthrough]

Comment

Mine aren't very good, but I've only played through the game once so far.

1st. Standing in a safe haven on the way to the power station and birds would just kamikaze into it.

2nd. A couple of times some Taken would fall off a cliff or into water and die which was always amusing to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X