Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Poem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: The Poem

    why thank you. i do my best to please
    I like to bring a little irony to a firefight-Resistance member from Half-Life 2

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: The Poem

      So, are you saying that the Dark Place is like a darkness mirror, a dark version of our world? Where people that exists in our world exist in Darkness too, but in a alternate-version?

      Yeah... you have some good points. I've said before, in some thread, that maybe Mr. Scratch was a alternate-version of Alan, created by the wishes of Alice, and even Alan.

      But, in the other hand, Zane has said that "Scratch isn't Alan".
      "Now I am become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds"

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: The Poem

        Originally posted by WakeLestat360 View Post
        So, are you saying that the Dark Place is like a darkness mirror, a dark version of our world? Where people that exists in our world exist in Darkness too, but in a alternate-version?

        Yeah... you have some good points. I've said before, in some thread, that maybe Mr. Scratch was a alternate-version of Alan, created by the wishes of Alice, and even Alan.

        But, in the other hand, Zane has said that "Scratch isn't Alan".

        Just because something wears Alan's face doesn't make it Alan.

        The darkness wore Barbara's face and we all know that it wasn't really barbara.
        Clatu verata n....necktie

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: The Poem

          Originally posted by WakeLestat360 View Post
          So, are you saying that the Dark Place is like a darkness mirror, a dark version of our world? Where people that exists in our world exist in Darkness too, but in a alternate-version?
          No, I don't think he is. He said it's a mirror, not a mirror image of our world.

          Things "exist" in a mirror only in the time span they spend in the reflection area (ie. in front of the mirror).

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: The Poem

            One way to look at it is that nothing exists in a mirror so much, as reflects back what happens to be standing in front of it. So its kind of a mirror not just of the world, but of the minds of people. Course I doubt describing the Dark Place is this easy. It is at the same time a 'reflection' of the mind of someone in it, an actual place, and a state of mind. The whole place is composed of metaphor. Like when Zane says the gun isn't a gun but "a logical step in the process of elimination." or something like that. havent been able to play (cursed red ring.) it reflects a person's mind. it takes the vague metaphorical thoughts in our minds and reflects them back in concrete terms. the more concrete the thought reflected, the more impact it has. which is why words would be so powerful. in that case i really have no idea what Scratch is, cause when you think about it, if Scratch is Wake's reflection, then Alice would have had one that would have, well, done whatever Scratch is supposed to be doing, but we see no sign of that. I dont know. There is still so much about the Dark Place we don't know.
            I like to bring a little irony to a firefight-Resistance member from Half-Life 2

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: The Poem

              I'm not sure I agree that Scratch is Alan's reflection, because I think of Scratch not as an evil entity but as just a newly created placeholder for Alan while he's in the Dark Place. And that doesn't really make sense with the reflection thing.

              However, I'm pretty sure I understand what you mean about the Dark Place "reflecting a person's mind." It's actually like a real mirror — we see ourselves, but filtered through our own perceptions of ourselves, our insecurities, etc., but of course with the lake everything becomes much more literal and exaggerated. If I imagined looking into a "magic" mirror that reflected my life, and I perceived my life in a certain way — for example, if I saw myself as a failed writer — I could expect the mirror to actually reflect a version of my life that literally showed every insecurity I had. That's what happens in the Dark Place. But you can also imagine yourself as someone capable of overcoming your insecurities and fears, and it will happen on the "real life" side of the mirror. It just can't be faked, you have to actually believe it in your heart and change what's on the "psychological" side of the mirror (the Dark Place) and it will become reality.
              Fandomania.com // Raptr Profile

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: The Poem

                who knows. but if it is a mirror, that raises a particular question. how can Zane be trapped in a reflection.
                I like to bring a little irony to a firefight-Resistance member from Half-Life 2

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: The Poem

                  Because he only exists on one part of it? He wrote himself out of existence on the "reality" side, so only the "psychological" side of him exists now. He can't manifest into reality anymore except for brief glimpses. He's trapped in a world of consciousness. (Just guessing here)
                  Fandomania.com // Raptr Profile

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: The Poem

                    Originally posted by Celeste View Post
                    Because he only exists on one part of it? He wrote himself out of existence on the "reality" side, so only the "psychological" side of him exists now. He can't manifest into reality anymore except for brief glimpses. He's trapped in a world of consciousness. (Just guessing here)
                    This is also how I perceive it.

                    It is possible to escape, but how, we do not know yet.
                    Let's wait for "The Return".

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: The Poem

                      Well, when Zane erased himself from existence it could just mean that he left our reality and and never came back, though if the Zane we see is just the 'reflection', it explains how he seems to not exactly be human anymore and is able to embody light.
                      I like to bring a little irony to a firefight-Resistance member from Half-Life 2

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: The Poem

                        Sorry to ask here, it's because i don't wanna to create a thread...

                        But, what is that scream we can hear during the game, and so the earth shakes?

                        I mean, if i remember right, there's no explanation for that... and it's a lot strange!
                        Last edited by WakeLestat360; 11-09-2010, 09:25 PM.
                        "Now I am become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds"

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: The Poem

                          ^What would you be speaking of?
                          I like to bring a little irony to a firefight-Resistance member from Half-Life 2

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: The Poem

                            Originally posted by Master_Moridin View Post
                            Well, when Zane erased himself from existence it could just mean that he left our reality and and never came back, though if the Zane we see is just the 'reflection', it explains how he seems to not exactly be human anymore and is able to embody light.
                            Ok, now I do not follow.. why does him being a "reflection" explain him being able to embody light?
                            I associate all the effects and the way he is on the way he perceives himself in the Dark Place, as the Diver who took Barbara down to the depths after the Dark Presence had Taken her, and as such, the opposing force to the Darkness, which is Light.
                            Also, he has just spent over 30 years in a place totally different from our world and what we know, so that is why he does not seem like a human anymore. Neither would you if you went through what Zane did.

                            I don't think this reflection thing is real, it is just a metaphore for the way the lake acts. Not as a real mirror would.
                            Actually come to think of it, I do not even believe that the Dark Place is a mirror image of Bright Falls, or the world in any part.
                            It is more like limbo, just empty space and what you remember or create, which is then manifested.
                            Or maybe the Dark Place is just the Bird Leg Cabin, and only the Cabin.
                            Would be horrible to be trapped in a small cabin for life, would it not?

                            Remedy has established already in the DLC that what we see in the DLC is only Alans imagination, inside his head.
                            When he finds himself, where does he wake up? Thats right, the Cabin.

                            So we cannot be sure what is outside the cabin, or if there really is anything. Alan did not go out after coming about his senses, he just grabbed a chair and started writing.
                            Last edited by Hukka55; 11-10-2010, 06:44 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: The Poem

                              You've all tried to explain something that is not ment to be explained i think. The dark presence and the dark place just are. They can't be explained.

                              Originally posted by Hukka55 View Post
                              So we cannot be sure what is outside the cabin, or if there really is anything. Alan did not go out after coming about his senses, he just grabbed a chair and started writing.
                              He is still there, in the dark place, just this time he is sane, knows where he is and is going to write himself back to the "real world". Outside of the cabin there is nothing, endless darkness. This is how i got it.
                              Twitter - @danny_hr | Raptr - dannyhr | Xfire - dannyhr | Steam - danny_hr | XBL - DannyHR

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: The Poem

                                Originally posted by Hukka55 View Post
                                Ok, now I do not follow.. why does him being a "reflection" explain him being able to embody light?
                                I associate all the effects and the way he is on the way he perceives himself in the Dark Place, as the Diver who took Barbara down to the depths after the Dark Presence had Taken her, and as such, the opposing force to the Darkness, which is Light.
                                Also, he has just spent over 30 years in a place totally different from our world and what we know, so that is why he does not seem like a human anymore. Neither would you if you went through what Zane did.

                                I don't think this reflection thing is real, it is just a metaphore for the way the lake acts. Not as a real mirror would.
                                Actually come to think of it, I do not even believe that the Dark Place is a mirror image of Bright Falls, or the world in any part.
                                It is more like limbo, just empty space and what you remember or create, which is then manifested.
                                Or maybe the Dark Place is just the Bird Leg Cabin, and only the Cabin.
                                Would be horrible to be trapped in a small cabin for life, would it not?

                                Remedy has established already in the DLC that what we see in the DLC is only Alans imagination, inside his head.
                                When he finds himself, where does he wake up? Thats right, the Cabin.

                                So we cannot be sure what is outside the cabin, or if there really is anything. Alan did not go out after coming about his senses, he just grabbed a chair and started writing.
                                First, if all Zane is is effectively his mind, if he has become completely immersed in the Dark Place, that means he CAN take on the embodiment of light. If the Dark Place is a reflection of a person's mind, then what is around them would change, but when a person looked at them, they wouldn't change, they'd have to have become part of the reflection, so that they would be changed to fit the mind of the person being reflected.

                                Second, we weren't saying that the Dark Place was a reflection of Bright Falls, sure I suggested the theory, but you can see I quickly abandoned it.

                                And third, we weren't denying that what you see in the DLC was Wake's imagination, in fact that is exactly what we were saying. The Dark Place is reflection of a person's mind, so of course everything was just Wake's imagination. In fact, the idea I always try to get across, is that the Dark Place isn't physical at all, it is composed of thought and metaphor. You are right in saying we never actually left the cabin, in fact you could say the cabin doesn't exist in a physical sense. Everything you see or do is just a symbol for some mental process that Wake is undergoing. Another way to put it is that when you're playing the DLCs, your not actually performing any actual physical actions. You're just thinking, which is manifest symbolically as physical action.
                                Last edited by Master_Moridin; 11-10-2010, 09:24 PM.
                                I like to bring a little irony to a firefight-Resistance member from Half-Life 2

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X