Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Poem

that makes sense

i was thinking that maybe both Alan Wake and (the hopefully obvious) Alan Wake 2 happened before Clay arrives
    I like to bring a little irony to a firefight-Resistance member from Half-Life 2

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Moridin View Post
      that makes sense

i was thinking that maybe both Alan Wake and (the hopefully obvious) Alan Wake 2 happened before Clay arrives
      Thumbs up to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hukka55 View Post
        He did ask "Do you understand?", was he trying to tell Alan that the lake is the portal? Why did he not just say so, why be so cryptic?
        Well, if it is possible to mess with the past with the power of the lake, or perhaps if dreams and the Dark Place exist outside of our time, then maybe he was asking as a test, to make sure he had entered the right dream at the right time.
        I like to bring a little irony to a firefight-Resistance member from Half-Life 2

Comment

Hey! So I joined the site just to chime in my two cents. Didn't check the date on the thread, but anyway...I also didn't read farther than the first page because I had this idea I needed to get out.

"Beyond the lake he calls home"
          --Obvious it's the home of TZ and BJ.

"lies a deeper, darker ocean green,"
          --This is the part I wanted to chime in about. The deeper part is the 'magic' in the lake that brings artist's work to life. The darker is obviously the dark part of this magic that twists and changes the artist's work. Then the reason the ocean is green, has something to do with the idea of Green with Envy. The darkness wants to be part of our world, to destroy it, to live in it, whatever. Also take into consideration that Alan and Zane both were envious of a time before their loved ones were lost, and would do anything to get them back. Just a thought I wanted to add to the conversation Tis all.

Comment

"Beyond the lake he calls home
            lies a deeper, darker ocean green,
            where the waves are both wilder
            and more serene
            To it's ports I've been,
            To it's ports I've been."

I like metaphors, and this poem is like a metaphor. What is amazing about it is that all that we’ve read here and maybe out there with the same topic is that they are interpreted in ways that brings truth somehow. It all depends on how they interpreted it and how they express it here and out there. I like all of it! I know that somebody has probably said this before, but at the end of the first game, Alan Wake said something similar:

It’s not a Lake, It’s an Ocean……..(echo: [SIZE="4"]Ocean[/SIZE], [SIZE="3"]Ocean[/SIZE], [SIZE="2"]ocean[/SIZE], [SIZE="1"]ocean[/SIZE], [SIZE="1"]ocean[/SIZE],…)

I guess everybody already knows this one. But just like the poem, there are also a lot of interpretations about this one, too! And they are also interpreted in ways that brings truth somehow. Again, that all depends on how they interpreted it and how they express it.

For me, after playing the first game several times, I have arrived with another interpretation. – “It’s not a Lake, It’s an Ocean.” – It’s one way for Alan Wake to tell us that “he” is f@cked; it’s also another way to tell us that “we” are f@cked! Alan Wake knows that his problem is really “Deeper” than he realized, so “he” is f@cked. And “we” on the other hand, we don’t really know what the f@ck is going on, so “we” are f@cked!

Not unless you have created your own theory! If you still don’t have one, then all you have to do is search, because it is out there somewhere in the deep, dark ocean green!

Cheers!

Comment

It's not a lake it's an ocean... I see this as a reference to AWAN, there is more than one area in the world that has the power the lake does, he mentions it in a manuscript from AWAN. I think hes saying the power is much bigger than a lake and not concentrated in that one area. I was thinking about this backwards lol, I don't think he could have figured that out before experiencing the events in AWAN, but its an interesting thought about what that phrase could mean.
              Last edited by Urtog; 05-24-2012, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I agree with Urtog, it feels like a reference (and a bit of a get-out if Remedy fancy changing location, but why would they? NOBODY puts games in Washington!) to the way Alan can find other weak spots and come out in a vastly different place. He's moved hundreds of miles via the Dark Place after all...

Comment

Oh my good lord!

The new blog from Samantha in a town called Ordinary is something most exciting!
                  From the new information from the possibly rewritten stanza:

"Frightened
                  Of the shadows of the deep
                  He challenged me
                  To a duel
                  I indulged him"

This comes as a prologue to the "To it's ports I've been" poem, and I think it indicates that Zane is still a creative force in the series. He isn't out yet. This extra part to the poem indicates Alan may, in fear, think Zane an enemy and fight him. The rest of the poem also now, with the knowledge of American Nightmare, shows how the Dark Place of Bright Falls is just a small 'drop in the ocean' in terms of how vast the Dark Presence's reign extends! Loving the tease of a new release, hopefully at E3!
                  Last edited by tomwhitaker; 06-03-2012, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X