What happened to the steam listing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the steam listing?

I convinced a friend to buy and play Alan Wake because of how amazing the game and story is, but come to find out it's not available anymore! not on steam, origin, gog, amazon or even through gamestop! where can he buy the game? This game NEEDS to be pla

apparently the entire comment wasn't posted, it did show "Working.." for a long time there... it should have read:

I convinced a friend to buy and play Alan Wake because of how amazing the game and story is, but come to find out it's not available anymore! not on steam, origin, gog, amazon or even through gamestop! where can he buy the game? This game NEEDS to be played by more people! Do I legitimately have to tell him to pirate it to be able to experience it?

Comment

The game has currently been pulled from online marketplaces. Retail copies should still work fine.

Comment

As Maniac said, physical copies should still work okay! They have a Steam key inside which can still be activated as usual, plus the PC editions come with an array of goodies including Bright Fall postcards, stickers, posters, documentaries, Alan Wake Files book, the soundtrack and documentaries. You might want to get one sooner rather than later though, as they're not being made anymore but places like Amazon has some left still and at a decent price! I picked one up fairly recently so they're definitely still available.

The digital copies you were talking about (Steam, GOG, The Humble Store etc) had to be taken down back in February of this year due to the music licensing expiring. It's the same for XBOX and PC editions which is definitely disappointing as I love that game too, but I'm hoping that something will happen with it a little further down the line.
        The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

This was most likely related to music licensing for the game.

Comment

Working...
          X