Alan Wake sudden frame rate drop ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Wake sudden frame rate drop ?

Out of nowhere, suddenly I experiance constant frame drops. I have a high-end PC and I never had problems with Alan Wake running butter smooth on max settings. I tried different nVidia drivers, odler ones and ect. Nothing helps. All other games run just fine.

I wonder if it has something to do with Windows 10 update or there has been a little update for Alan Wake I am not aware of ?

As far as I know the game hasn’t changed. Is your system getting hot?

Comment

It seems the problem is with the last 2 Windows 10 updates. Frame drops (for Alan Wake only) started right after the first update.
      Last edited by thermos; 01-17-2019, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Update. It seems latest nVidia drivers are the issue (417). Instead of 120+ FPS I get roughly 40 FPS on GTX 1080

Comment

I just recently installed Win 10 Pro 64-bit build 1809 on a new computer. Just tried AW and have zero issues. Maxed out all settings with no drops at all so far. I played from beginning until lovers peak.

Im also using using driver 419.35. You still have issues?
          ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
          32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
          WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Yup, issue still persists with 417.71. Thought I may try 419.35 and see if anything changes.

The wierd part is, the only game affected is Alan Wake o_o

Comment

Maybe try the generic things? Verify Integrity? Reinstall AW? I have noticed that using DDU with Win 10 is really good for removing NVIDIA drivers before you update. It really cleans out the system well and I would recommend. Have you tried that?

Heres a link: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
              ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
              32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
              WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Working...
              X