Can't set the language in Italian?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't set the language in Italian?

I installed the game from Epic Games, and it's launched in English, and there is no option to change the language.
    Following some indications on the net I tried first to create a link to alanwake.exe and add the parameter -locale=it but it didn't work. Then I went to the file locale_config.xml and tried to set the first string like this:
    <!-- XC_LANGUAGE_ENGLISH --> <config xgetlanguage_id="6" xgetlocale_id="0" folder="it" subtitles_default="0" bink_voiceover_channel="8" use_only_one_font="0" />
    but I only got the cutscenes in Italian, but the rest of the game remains in English.

Same problem here, I can't change to Spanish.

Comment

Same problem for the French language ... Have you managed to solve those problems ?

Comment

Don't worry, they won't give any information. They won't move. Epic says the game comes out in English. The problem is Remedy's. Neither one will fix it. Then they'll complain if pirate games are downloaded. Themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Boyaca View Post
          Don't worry, they won't give any information. They won't move. Epic says the game comes out in English. The problem is Remedy's. Neither one will fix it.
          hey actually I said on twitter that we were looking into it. and we are, together with epic games. as soon as we find a fix together we'll let everyone know!

Originally posted by Boyaca View Post
          Then they'll complain if pirate games are downloaded. Themselves.
          to my knowledge we've never complained about this. the most we've done is have your player character have a pirate eyepatch if you pirated the game.
          How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Comment

ALRIGHT WE FIXED IT

here's how to do it:
            - update the game
            - go to Settings in the EGS launcher
            - click 'alan wake'
            - tick 'additional command line arguments'
            - type =locale-XX where XX is the language code

language codes:
            Traditional Chinese: -locale=cht
            Czech: -locale=cz
            German: -locale=de
            Spanish (EU): -locale=es
            Spanish (LATAM): -locale=esm
            French: -locale=fr
            Italian: -locale=it
            Japanese: -locale=jp
            Korean: -locale=ko
            Polish: -locale=pl
            Russian: -locale=ru

#oldschoolhack
            How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Comment

Thanks now it works, but I noticed that now the executable alanwake.exe results as "File is not signed"
              https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...3be89c/details
              and COMODO tells me that he wants to install a global hook in C: WINDOWS system32 dwmapi.dll
              I wanted to know what is this for? because if I don't allow it the game seems to work anyway.

Comment

Anybody know if this will be available in the Xbox Game Store again for download in the US? I see the game but says it's not available in my region.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTripleLindey View Post
                  Anybody know if this will be available in the Xbox Game Store again for download in the US? I see the game but says it's not available in my region.
                  THIS. I've noticed the same thing! I've tried reaching out to Microsoft several times since it has returned to PC and in different ways, but I haven't heard anything about it. It's so strange that it's not available on XBOX especially as Microsoft was the ones that renewed the music rights.
                  The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Working...
                  X