Heavy Metal-achievement glitch *SPOILER*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Metal-achievement glitch *SPOILER*

I "beat" the bulldozer by opening the fence on the other side of the yard and running for the car in stead of "killing" the bulldozer with my flashlight. The only problem with this solution was that I didn't get the Heavy Metal-achievement, even though I survived. I guess this is a glitch? And if it is, shouldn't the quick fix be to unlock this achievement automaticly when the next story based achievement is unlocked?

Re: Heavy Metal-achievement glitch *SPOILER*

It isn't a glitch, I think it's based on the way you kill it as I didn't get it the first time either. Just try using your flashlight if you replay the game.
    In a horror story, the victim keeps asking "Why?", but there cannot be any explanation.The unanswered mystery is the one that stays with us the longest, and it's what we'll remember in the end.

Comment

It's no glitch. The game provides you with two different solutions to the problem, and offers an achievement for the harder option.

Comment

I just jammed the car I was driving by the side of the control building with the ladder leading up to the control switch, stood on the car bonnet beaming it with the torch. Didn't get the achievement... weird.

Comment

If it isn't a glitch, then the description of the achievement is wrong. It says "Survive the bulldozer attack", and I survived. It says nothing about defeating the bulldozer...

Comment

Originally posted by christla View Post
            If it isn't a glitch, then the description of the achievement is wrong. It says "Survive the bulldozer attack", and I survived. It says nothing about defeating the bulldozer...
            Perhaps you were penalised for allowing a posessed bulldozer to continue running rampant in an area where there may have been oblivious home-owners nearby tucked up in bed.

You monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mortim View Post
              Perhaps you were penalised for allowing a posessed bulldozer to continue running rampant in an area where there may have been oblivious home-owners nearby tucked up in bed.
              Seeing as the other option is that the achievement description is a little unclear, I think I'll go with this one. =)
              Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Haha, nice save there Mikki.
                "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Working...
                X