Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Wake - How to Redeem your Code (Xbox 360 Bundle)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Wake - How to Redeem your Code (Xbox 360 Bundle)

We've just posted up a quick tutorial on how to redeem the Alan Wake download code found in the new Xbox 360 Console Holiday Bundle deal.

So if you don't know what to do with your token you got with the Xbox 360 bundle then check it out this short video:

Any problems feel free to post them here and we'll be able to help you out!

Re: Alan Wake - How to Redeem your Code (Xbox 360 Bundle)

I've been trying to download for a couple of days now, once we get to 28% the download stops. I have more than enough room on my hard drive, have disabled the screen saver and the auto logoff feature, made sure there are no games running and I still can't get past 28%.

Comment

There could be many issues affecting your download; your router settings, your ISP, interference if you're using wifi to download.

If it just gets stuck on 28% all the time then perhaps try deleting the data that's downloaded so far (if you can), otherwise try calling up Xbox Live Support and they should be able to help out.

Another idea is to bring your harddrive or a USB drive to a friends house who has a 360 and log in with your gamertag and download the DLC to your HD that way. See if that works.

Comment

Originally posted by jamnmon66 View Post
        I've been trying to download for a couple of days now, once we get to 28% the download stops. I have more than enough room on my hard drive, have disabled the screen saver and the auto logoff feature, made sure there are no games running and I still can't get past 28%.
        I am having the same problem. I just emailed Microsoft support and I know there isn't any problem with downloading anything cause I downloaded other stuff.

Comment

I'm having the exact same issue. My Alan Wake full game download always stops at 28%. Then it says "Cannot Download Content" and stops downloading. I've tried deleting and starting over and clearing my cache... nothing works. I really wanna play this game - I've already downloaded both DLC packs in anticipation of playing.
          I've already downloaded many large items in the past. I've never had issues with downloading before.

Microsoft support keeps saying it's my connection. This is not correct - I have a solid connection.

This really sucks

Comment

I, too, am having the same problem! 28% then it stops! I have deleted what has downloaded for the game, and tried reinstalling and I get the same results. I have even moved my xbox so I can download via wired instead of wireless and I am still having problems! Please help!

Comment

Sorry for the problems you guys are having. I've sent off a request to get someone to look into this issue further and I or someone else at Remedy will be able to give you a bit more information in regards to this once we find out more.

Comment

We've escalated this to Microsoft.. Hope they come up with a solution!

There's no Remedy code running during the download so there's not much we can do. We don't even know in detail how the Games on Demand package is constructed - Sorry!

Comment

FYI,

We 're having the same problem. New XBox 360 with nothing else on the hard drive. Stuck at 28% no matter if you delete it and start over.

Comment

I've found a solution. My download is now at 30%

Now for the problem and solution....
                    The problem is the Xbox360 is only fully compatible with certain gateways and routers ( http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/...xbox-live.aspx ). I myself have a 2-wire Gateway. This is not an offically supported gateway. Microsoft support is completely worthless on this issue by the way. Their "Investigation Team" is currently working a solution.. blah blah blah.

Solution:
                    I simply reconfigured my gateway into a "Transparent Bridge" and plugged in one of my old Netgear routers (which is offically supported). My gateway is only acting as a modem now... that's the key!!
                    I hope everyone else finds this helpful. Like I said, I'm downloading past 28% now.

By the way: Love you REMEDY!!! Long time fan.

Gamertag:
                    RexIsGod

Comment

Thanks RexIsGod, I hope your link helps others too with this problem!!

Comment

And how do you reconfigure your gateway into a transparent bridge? I am not technical in anyway, so I need step by step instructions LOL

Comment

There are multiple ways on how the network configuration can be changed, the gateway -> transparent bridge is only one suggestion.

I would start with the Microsoft support information:
                          http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/...xbox-live.aspx

But here's one step by step issue which may fix the same problem (I haven't tested this but it looks safe & sane):
                          http://rogerdickeyjr.com/how-to-setu...arding-part-2/

Comment

If you wish to convert your gateway into a transparent bridge...
                            -I would first call my ISP and obtain my user name and login and perhaps get their assistance in converting my gateway into a bridge.
                            -At the very least, you will need your ISP username and password (if required) to input into your router.
                            -If you want to attempt the conversion yourself, I would google my gateway make/model along with 'convert bridge' or something like that.
                            -Updating your gateway and routers firmware would be a smart move as well.

Good luck!
                            Rex

Comment

Here is what Microsoft support gave me to try which didn't work.

Game and video download failures
                              If a game or video download doesn't finish downloading, try the following steps:

Step 1: Delete the content and download it again
                              Delete any active downloads from the active downloads screen, delete any partially downloaded content, and then try to download the content again. Here's how:
                              1. Press the Guide button on the controller.
                              2. Go to Marketplace, and then select Active Downloads.
                              3. Select Cancel All.

Now that the active downloads are cancelled, let's delete any partially downloaded content. Here's how:
                              1. Go to My Xbox, then and select System Settings.
                              2. Select Memory.
                              3. Select your storage device.
                              4. Press X on your controller for Deletion Suggestions.
                              5. Scroll through the suggestions and delete any content with a yellow exclamation point. The exclamation point indicates content that is incomplete or corrupted.

Now that the partially downloaded content has been deleted, let's download the content again. Here's how:
                              1. Press the Guide button on the controller.
                              2. Move to Settings, and then select Account Management.
                              3. Select Download History.
                              4. Select the item you were having problems downloading.
                              5. Select Download Again.

If the content still does not download completely, please try the next solution.

Step 2: Delete your rights database and clear your console cache
                              Occasionally, download problems can be caused by problems with the digital rights database or temporary files stored in the console's system cache. To resolve this problem let's try deleting the digital rights database and clearing the system cache. Here's how:
                              1. Go to My Xbox and then select System Settings.
                              2. Select Memory.
                              3. Select a storage device.
                              4. Select System Items.
                              5. Select Rights Database.
                              6. Select Delete. Select Yes to confirm the deletion.
                              7. Now that the digital rights database is deleted, you need to clear the console's system cache. To learn how to do that, please see the following article:
                              http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971755 How to clear the Xbox 360 console cache.

If you still can't download the content, please try the next solution.

Step 3: Try a direct modem connection
                              If your Xbox 360 console is connected to the Internet through a router, bridge, or wireless access point, try connecting the console directly to the modem, instead of through those devices. To do that, plug one end of a network cable into the back of the console and the other end directly into your modem. Then try to download the content again.

Comment

Working...
                              X