X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alan Wake PC - Graphics Settings

Originally posted by CocoNUT View Post
    Could you add triple buffering option in the game? I tried using D3Doverrider and it improves performance but i get random freezups with it.
    Are you using v2.0.1?
    i5 2500k@4.6ghz with Venom Cooler
    Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 with 8gb ram
    VTX 2gb 6950

Comment

Originally posted by voorhees1979 View Post
      Are you using v2.0.1?
      It says on the .exe it's version 2.0.0.0. I downloaded the latest version of Riva tuner from Guru of 3D site and that D3Doverrider came with it.

Comment

Mine says the same on the .exe. But in the bottom right taskbar thingy when it is loaded, stick your mouse on it and it should say v2.0.1. Probs is the same but mine is working ok.
        i5 2500k@4.6ghz with Venom Cooler
        Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 with 8gb ram
        VTX 2gb 6950

Comment

yes. It's V2.0.1. Not working properly for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
            Upgrading to latest drivers may help with Intel HD graphics - we have tested on a few setups and Intel should support MSAA. It's not very fast though.
            According to the FPS meter when i run it on the GT1 i get ~10 fps though it's playble -noblur lowest settings (non official released Ivy Bridge Driver)

Which corresponds to the same FPS i get with BF3 (Frostbyte 2 @ low)
            and or Crysis 2 (though @ High)

Seeing this running without any visual problems on a Intel GPU anyways is already worth a WOW in earlier days it would just have crashed

Btw what is Digital Foundry using in their FPS analysis on the Xbox360 it's not the normal FPS counter but a Graphical Display ?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...y-vs-alan-wake

Also the 8 bit banding is horrible on these Inet Videos
            Last edited by CruNcher; 02-25-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

so is this a solution?

Comment

Hello,

I thought this was the most relevant place to post. The issue I am having, is that there is a line that appears across the screen if I look up, down, left or right. It is as if the screen tears and displaces slightly. Its distracting...

I have set the PC to run at low, medium and high with vsync on and off but with little change. I have also customised the settings and updated my drivers but still the same.

Is this a problem other people are having? For reference, my current PC set up is;

i5 750
                8GB DDR3
                6950 2GB

Even if there doesnt seem to be a fix, it would be nice to know that other people are in the same boat Thanks guys.

Comment

Hi guys,

I registered specifically to post in this thread.

Just wanna say this is the first time I've ever actually seen a game developer be completely honest about what settings of quality were used on the console version of their game in comparison to the PC version options.

This is a GOOD trend and I encourage ALL game developers to do this!

I like knowing what settings I need to run the game at, at minimum to at least get the console quality of the game that was intended.

Thank you so much Remedy Games!

One happy gamer

Comment

On a side note in regards to what others are posting about the game not running well on their rigs with Intel HD graphics....

Come on guys really? Running a high end AAA graphics title with nothing but ON BOARD GRAPHICS?

It doesn't matter how much memory or Ghz your computer has if the game doesn't have a GOOD GRAPHICS CARD to push information to.

You could be running 1.21 Jigawatts at 88 MPH and still have the game look like poop!

Invest in even a medium range graphics card these days and it will be like night and day. Even low end graphics cards from 2010/2011 are pumping out more power than a PS3 or Xbox 360.

You spent the money for the PC now complete your setup with a graphics card!

Comment

Originally posted by dvddxr3 View Post
                      Hi guys,

I registered specifically to post in this thread.

Just wanna say this is the first time I've ever actually seen a game developer be completely honest about what settings of quality were used on the console version of their game in comparison to the PC version options.

This is a GOOD trend and I encourage ALL game developers to do this!

I like knowing what settings I need to run the game at, at minimum to at least get the console quality of the game that was intended.

Thank you so much Remedy Games!

One happy gamer
                      Same thoughts here. First time I saw this being done (maybe second time, but don't remember the firts lol)

Comment

Originally posted by WakeLestat360 View Post
                        Wait. I'm a dumb about these tech's terms... but are you saying that Alan Wake 1 on Xbox 360 uses VLQ (volumetric Light) on LOW? REALLY?

Come on, what epic lighting engine do you have in your hands Remedy?

its bad for me the xbox are using on the mid quality. i have a nice pc with 6670 and phenom x4 and my settings are on low-mid. increasing the quality or lowering dont affect to much, since i play in 1080p the frame rate still 20-40(with o.c.) but xbox its really bad on reality. i saw the lights and they are 2D, and no real lightening on floor, just a 2d white blur.

Comment

I have a question then if there is MSAA and FXAA do they work together? I thought when FXAA works it replaces MSAA, so what about here? How to get the best possible picture quality? To set MSAA8x +FXAA high +AF16x or to play without FXAA or maybe to leave just FXAA high + AF16X working together?
                          AMD FX-8120 @4.1ghz, Asus M5A97PRO, Cooler Master M620, 2x4Gb @1600MHz Kingston CL9, GF Palit 560gtx Ti 1gb, WD 640Gb CB 7200 64Mb SATA3

Comment

MSAA and FXAA work together, but the improvement is incremental. MSAA8x is way more expensive to render than FXAA, my "high config" recommendation is 4xMSAA and FXAA.

Comment

I am blown away by this game so much so my computer also nearly blew up playing it! Actually my UPS couldn't handle the power draw from my video cards and shut down hard! Playing at 5760x1080 quality settings maxed and getting 40-50 fps. Never had a problem before with pulling too much juice until now! Guess will have to plug her straight to the wall for Alan Wake!
                              Last edited by davidm71; 04-16-2012, 01:33 AM. Reason: cleared up info

Comment

Is it possible to set particle resolution down a few notches? The swirling walls of darkness in the final act of Departure wreaks havoc on my system, otherwise the rest of the game performs rather admirably.

Comment

Working...
                                X