X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dalegt4
    replied
    Re: Alan Wake PC - Graphics Settings

i presume i would only be able to run the game on minimum with my current laptop??

i can run Crysis 1 at 30-35fps on max details @ 1366 x 768

specs are win 7 64bit
    second gen intel core i3 2330m
    8gb ram
    1gb 520m nvidia geforce
    the game place website at top there says i could run the game, remedy guys what do you think?

i have it on the xbox but wouldnt mind it on pc too.

cheers

Leave a comment:

• Adel2Alanwake
    replied

When the patch fix is going to be released?

Leave a comment:

• Jarkko
    replied

Just one little cosmetic thing. In advanced options, there is just one more option behind arrow. Why not just show all settings at once.

Leave a comment:

• CP69
    replied

Any pics in difference between low and high settings ?

dunno about you guys but on my laptop (dx10) there seems to be very little difference except for the huge impact on the framerate.

Leave a comment:

• frozenreads
    replied

Great game, been dying to place this on the PC for some time. I have to say I have been a little disappointed with the performance so far on my machine. I have a GTX 580 OC'd to 870 running on an i7 @ 3.8ghz with 12gb ram and I have quite large frame rate dips. Volumetric light quality has a massive hit for me. Frame rates can drop as low as mid 40's in a lot of places even with conservative settings. This really does come across as a console port Im afraid. Great game though.

Update: Having really tested various graphic settings, I find the biggest hit by far is definitely Volumetric light quality with this set to low I get quite a large improvement in performance. I can max everything else out with this switched to low and get for the most part 60fps (vsync enabled)

Further update: The sweetest graphic settings I have found are SSAO Low, Volumetric light quality low, everything else, maxed, these seem to be the heavy performance hitters. I take back what i said, with these settings the game is running pretty sweet, absolutely awesome game
    Last edited by frozenreads; 02-17-2012, 05:05 PM. Reason: further info

Leave a comment:

• koviprog
    replied

hi team

a have the big problem, why can't change the resolution? just fix 1280x720 everything can change, only that setting's not don't increase and don't decrease? why? my desktop resolution is 1920x1080p 65" plasma television.

Leave a comment:

• Deimos
    replied

A little question, could you add resolutions higher than the LCDs native resolution so we can use Downsampling?
    It's nothing that breaks the game, but would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• Wane
    replied

FXAA was added to American Nightmare? awesome sauce!

Leave a comment:

• MarkusRMD
    replied

Yeah, well, more strictly speaking it's only about how the shader filters / interpolates the volumetric light beams.

Leave a comment:

• CocoNUT
    replied

Originally posted by WakeLestat360 View Post
    Wait. I'm a dumb about these tech's terms... but are you saying that Alan Wake 1 on Xbox 360 uses VLQ (volumetric Light) on LOW? REALLY?

Come on, what epic lighting engine do you have in your hands Remedy?
    God works for Remedy. Didn't you know that?

Leave a comment:

• WakeLestat360
    replied

Wait. I'm a dumb about these tech's terms... but are you saying that Alan Wake 1 on Xbox 360 uses VLQ (volumetric Light) on LOW? REALLY?

Come on, what epic lighting engine do you have in your hands Remedy?

Leave a comment:

• MarkusRMD
    replied

How these were on the Xbox360 build:

Resolution - mix of 960x544 and 1280x720, and some things like fog particles were rendered in half resolution that are rendered in full on PC.

Vsync - Xbox had "smart vsync" i.e. Vsync on if frame rate above 30, and off if below 30. PC doesn't support a mode like this. American Nightmare Xbox360 btw has a selectable Vsync (on, off, smart).

Antialiasing and FXAA - We had 4xAA on Xbox. FXAA was added to American Nightmare.

Anisotropic Filtering - Some textures where it was important had Aniso on Xbox (like the road texture with the yellow line), most were trilinear filtered only.

Shadow Quality - Xbox360 is somewhere around the medium setting. The rendering differs a bit so no exact comparisons can be made.

SSAO Quality - Xbox360 build had something like the Low setting - maybe with a bit less noise.

Backdrop Quality - Xbox360 Alan Wake used Medium.

GodRay Quality - Xbox360 build had this turned to off except for some specific scenes where we had the performance to turn it on and had most visual impact. The quality was less than "High".

Volumetric Light Quality - Xbox used the "Low" setting.

Draw Distance - Xbox build had this at Full - it was mainly added as an optimization. Draw calls are way more expensive on the PC than they are on the Xbox360, and this reduces draw calls.

LOD Distance - Xbox build had this around the middle mark.

FOV - Middle / default is the one Xbox360 version used too.

Leave a comment:

• foda500
    replied

I am fully prepared to give you cash Remedy.

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied

Thanks Markus! Hopefully this will cut down some of the 28653 questions you've been asked

Leave a comment:

• djshauny1
    replied

Thank Markus

Leave a comment:

Working...
X