• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC how to turn off motion blur

100% work
    1.Download file http://www.mediafire.com/?656m22iee02q2h3
    2."VectorBlur.obj" Copy to Folder shaders/build/pc
    3.Enjoy

Last edited by nikodimosi; 02-21-2012, 02:56 PM.

Re: how to turn off motion blur

I also heard that you can simply turn it off in the Steam Launch Options with the command "-noblur".
    Rightclick on Alan Wake in Steam > Properties > General > Set Launch Options... > -noblur
    I can't confirm this, though, because I'm waiting for the retail LE.
    If you like the actor JAMES McCAFFREY you NEED to watch my James McCaffrey COLLECTION

Comment

thanx man , it works great.

on my 4 year old laptop the added motion-blur annoyed and made the game very sluggish.

now a fix to lower the resolution would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by jester131 View Post
        I also heard that you can simply turn it off in the Steam Launch Options with the command "-noblur".
        Rightclick on Alan Wake in Steam > Properties > General > Set Launch Options... > -noblur
        I can't confirm this, though, because I'm waiting for the retail LE.
        -noblur key turns off not only motion blur. It also disables other not motion blur effects like taken blur or darkness shroud.
        With my fix you can disable only motion blur. This mentioned in the original video that i posted here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7K6G9IDBUI

Comment

@ Antonenko Artem aka creker

THANX

Comment

I'm not usually a fan of motion blur, but after trying this out, I think I like the game with normal motion blur on. Trying it with the blur off made the game a bit too responsive with sensitive mouse movements and there was no real benefit to performance for me.

Thanks for your efforts, though.
            Remedy's currently known projects:
            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Thanks for that mate, in some instances, like the first room in the hartmans cabin the motion blur can look quite unsightly.

Comment

i notice that. the enemies smoke disappears...

Comment

nikodimosi, did you make this mod or did you just forward it on from elsewhere? because it rocks! the -noblur removes all the blur effects from the game, including those when you're being attacked... this file removes the motion blur but keeps everything else as it should be.

Comment

thanks for this. It really helped, but my performance is still laggy enough to effect combat a little.

Comment

Originally posted by creker View Post
                      -noblur key turns off not only motion blur. It also disables other not motion blur effects like taken blur or darkness shroud.
                      With my fix you can disable only motion blur. This mentioned in the original video that i posted here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7K6G9IDBUI
                      Thank you for this. I don't like motion blur in most games but the fact that Taken and Shadows were afected was keeping me from using -noblur. I will share this

Comment

Working...
                      X