PC Issues (Black Screen)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PinkStahli
    started a topic PC Issues (Black Screen)

PC Issues (Black Screen)

I got AW on steam and Installed and started it up.

Everything maxed out.

The problems started when I get a black screen when every so often. I can still move, and I can see lights and lit objects. When I alt tab, it fixes and then breaks about 30 seconds later.

I doubts it is hardware issue, but maybe

Specs: (overkill, I know)

Intel Core i7 3960x @5.0ghz

16gb 1600mhz ram

3 Way SLI GTX 580s (EVGA)

Does anyone know a fix for this? Or why this is caused.

• samivRMD
    replied
    Re: PC Issues (Black Screen)

This sounds like the game's (dynamic) auto exposure system gets somewhat confused by something being VERY bright in the image (so the auto exposure system kicks most things to be very dark).

The exposure gets adjusted dynamically for each frame (based on the previous frame) so it sounds like somehow there's a "bad" frame rendered every now and then.

I don't really have much idea what could be causing this other than the GPU going haywire due to overclocking (sometimes GPUs are factory overclocked) or a driver issue.

SamiV.

Leave a comment:

• Dezzi
    replied

Originally posted by PinkStahli View Post
    I got AW on steam and Installed and started it up.

Everything maxed out.

The problems started when I get a black screen when every so often. I can still move, and I can see lights and lit objects. When I alt tab, it fixes and then breaks about 30 seconds later.

I doubts it is hardware issue, but maybe

Specs: (overkill, I know)

Intel Core i7 3960x @5.0ghz

16gb 1600mhz ram

3 Way SLI GTX 580s (EVGA)

Does anyone know a fix for this? Or why this is caused.
    Well this happened to me, exactly in the same place. I managed to fix it.
    Are you by chance using a xpadder or similar to emulate a joystick? If you are, this seems to be whats causing the problem, at least for me. When i use a joystick and xpadder to play it, i always get stuck, but when i just use to keyboard and mouse, the game runs perfectly fine.

Leave a comment:

• angelcry
    replied

hello i m having this problem with the game after one minute my sound is very bad and the game runs extremely slowly like alan is walking in slow motion its very annoying i have to exit the game and enter again please someone help i really wanna play that game

Leave a comment:

• snakeeye
    replied
    Game So slow

Hi Is there anyone having problem with game is sooo slow and can't even move. I would be grateful if someone can help me with it.

Leave a comment:

• UberNoodle
    replied

Sorry to maybe necro this thread but my ATI 5770 is not overclocked whatsoever, and in fact, I just beat the entire game a day ago. I started a new game, had the cutscene after starting the cabin generator, and the screen was all black. I fumbled in t he dark until I saw a window. I entered the cabin, which appeared to be lit normally, and muddled through the next bit. When the game loaded the next sequence, after the dummy spit by Alan, the game wasn't black anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Ultimecia
    replied

Originally posted by keenan View Post
    It's now been confirmed the preoverclocked GPU's are causing this, find out your cards reference clocks and use MSI Afterburner to downclock it to those values and see if it helps..
    Believe him, cause It's true. I already have proven it.

Leave a comment:

• PinkStahli
    replied

My card runs at stock clocks. All of them. Nothing in my machine is overclocked as it stands now. Nothing. The i7 is back at stock. Nothing works.

Leave a comment:

• keenan
    replied

It's now been confirmed the preoverclocked GPU's are causing this, find out your cards reference clocks and use MSI Afterburner to downclock it to those values and see if it helps..

Leave a comment:

• Ultimecia
    replied

[MENTION=23034]PinkStahli[/MENTION] Were all waiting for them to fix this glitch, Please click this link for more info about "our" problem. click link. --> http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=7952

Leave a comment:

• PinkStahli
    replied

So I disabled SLI, and it did not work. I Removed the two cards leaving only one.
    Nothing.

Leave a comment:

• MarkusRMD
    replied

We are investigating - Have you tried disabling SLI? We are working on the SLI support but it's not there quite yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X