Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Multi-sample antialiasing not supported

HI Remedy.

When starting the game I get an error which has been reported previously by other users having very outdated graphics cards:

Multi-sample antialiasing not supported by your graphics hardware. Alan Wake requires this in order to run. Please see that your system conforms with the minimum specification and ensure you have the latest graphics card drivers installed.

I have a 2GHz Intel Dual Core Processor , 2GHz RAM, and a NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500M (which is a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX) with 512MB RAM incl. newest drivers (Feb 2012)

I know my graphic card is DirectX 9c. But it definitely CAN do MSAA.
    What I wanted to ask is if there is a way to get around this error message and just play the game with the glitches that would occur by doing so.
    Is there a "ignore all errors"-Mode ?
    I would really like to play around with this stuff some more and I dont care if it means flickering and buggy behaviour, just let me pass the error message.

Thanks so much for helping ;-)
    Last edited by hanswurst517; 03-06-2012, 09:51 PM.

Re: Multi-sample antialiasing not supported

There's a reason why Remedy says that a GeForce 8 (DX10) is necessary, because although the engine is basically DX9 Remedy uses some enhanced features DX9 cards can't render properly.
    Combining DX9 with a Deferred Renderer is a rather special and complicated feature.

You may force AA off in your drivers, but I can't tell you if it works and how it works out.

Overall as I said before they don't say minimum GeForce 8 (DX10) for nothing.

Comment

same problem .
      Attached is my DirectX screen shot.

Please tell what else i need to run this game.... if any update required?

Any help...?
      Attached Files

Comment

I have the exact same problem. My specifications are all supported, but that error continues to appear. I would appreciate it if Remedy would create a patch that would disable MSAA and allow me to play the game.

Comment

Hi,

I have recently adquired via Steam, the series Alan Wake and AW American Nightare.

When I try to set up the game an error windows says the graphic does not support the multisample antialiasaing. Is there any way I can play the gane (i.e. a patch to disable the MSAA)?

I have a NVIDIA Ge Force Go 7400 in my computer.

Many thanks and kind regards-

Comment

Originally posted by shekhar_honey View Post
            same problem .
            Attached is my DirectX screen shot.

Please tell what else i need to run this game.... if any update required?

Any help...?
            Try updating your graphicsdriver, should be this one:
            http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...adType=Drivers

Comment

The game unfortunately does not support the 7x00 series Geforce -- it's a DX9 card and we've listed the minspec as DX10. Even if it would work, the 7400 would unfortunately be too slow.

Comment

I have the same problem. I bought it on Steam, and, as the forum title, I have the same problem. I demanded a refund and they keep sending me here. Is there any possible chance that I can get a refund if I completely can't play this game?

Comment

unfortunately you probably cant. The requirements clearly state you need a DirectX 10 compatible graphics card. If you are using a DirectX 9 graphics card and cant run the game that is basically your own fault. Not to be rude or anything, but you should have read the game requirements first.

Maybe ask steam to credit your account instead of a refund? This way you at least get your money back and can buy something else.

Good Luck!
                  ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
                  32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
                  WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Originally posted by arugula View Post
                    unfortunately you probably cant. The requirements clearly state you need a DirectX 10 compatible graphics card. If you are using a DirectX 9 graphics card and cant run the game that is basically your own fault. Not to be rude or anything, but you should have read the game requirements first.

Maybe ask steam to credit your account instead of a refund? This way you at least get your money back and can buy something else.

Good Luck!
                    I have DirectX11, and I assumed that's all I needed. I carefully read the requirements and, unlike many games, it didn't say anything about ATI or NVIDIA so I assumed I could play it on the lowest graphics settings possible. And I'm sure if I ask the Steam Co. anything they'll send me right back here. So I guess I'm out of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by rocky raccoon View Post
                      I have DirectX11, and I assumed that's all I needed. I carefully read the requirements and, unlike many games, it didn't say anything about ATI or NVIDIA so I assumed I could play it on the lowest graphics settings possible. And I'm sure if I ask the Steam Co. anything they'll send me right back here. So I guess I'm out of luck!
                      Are you sure? What is your graphics card? Are you using integrated graphics? How much memory does your graphics support, and have available? Are you using current drivers for DirectX and graphics?
                      Last edited by arugula; 09-01-2012, 08:06 AM.
                      ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
                      32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
                      WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X