Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Still crashing on ALT+TAB :(

Hi guys!
    It sad to say, but I recently have started replaying AW and noticed that the game is still constantly crashing on ALT+TAB.
    The game is up to date - 1.05
    DMP files are attached.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pax Mayne; 05-27-2012, 11:12 AM.
    ...the magician longs to see, one chance out between two worlds, Fire Walk With Me
    Support Alan on Metacritic
    raptr friends are needed

Re: Still crashing on ALT+TAB

Is it crashing with any scene in particular or are you doing anything in the game that could be affecting it?
    The more feedback information you can give us, the better.
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

It doesn't crash when in the menu before loading the game itself, after the game is loaded if you ALT+TAB it (even if the game on pause) crashes.
      Sometimes you have to wait for 5-10 secs before it crashes.
      The screen of error is attached.

PS. I'd like to add that I have 2 screens in "dualview" mode (NVIDIA control panel). So I switch between them to play games (one of them is HD screen). But the game crashes both on 1st or 2nd screen.

PPS. If I am not mistaken the bug didn't appear in version 1.02

PPPS. Also - usage of "WINDOWS" key to minimize the game helps to avoid crashing.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Pax Mayne; 05-27-2012, 05:38 PM.
      ...the magician longs to see, one chance out between two worlds, Fire Walk With Me
      raptr friends are needed

Comment

Hi Pax Mayne.

Thanks a lot for the crash dumps. I can now see that the game crashes to the rendering engine's Stereoscopic Texture manager.

In the last few patches we added more Stereoscopic support so you're propably correct that the game used to run in the 1.02 patch but not with the latest 1.05 anymore.

This is most likely similar to an issue we found that if you Alt+Tab out of the game on Windows 7 with Windows Classic theme the game crashes (but doesn't crash when pressing the Windows key - just like in your case).

Sorry for breaking the game for you when we added more features. :-P

SamiV.
        Lead Technical Artist, Remedy Co-Founder

Comment

Not a big problem
          The main thing that I can minimize the game in the end, so this is not that critical bug (at least to me) that needs to be fixed asap.
          raptr friends are needed

Comment

Working...
          X