A "bounce" glitch/bug on objects with physics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC A "bounce" glitch/bug on objects with physics

Every placed objects with physics I encounter by moving Alan closer to them, bounce slightly from their spots. I mean that you don't touch them in any way. This happens with the latest 1.05 version of Alan Wake. I can clearly remember that this hasn't happened in earlier versions. It's kinda annoying when you're exploring the environment and suddenly objects start "springing" all around the place in to disorder.

Game runs perfectly with the highest custom graphics settings though, like a dream.

For better clarification, in finnish for Remedy's game developers:

Eli jokaisen esineen kun kohtaa lähietäisyydeltä, ne ponnahtavat sijoiltaan ilman että tönäisee niitä Alanilla yhtään. Ne ovat tavallaan jonkinlaisessa jännityksessä ympäristön kanssa. Silti en tiedä johtuuko tämä viimeisimmästä päivityksesta vai mistä. Häiritsevää sinänsä, kun haluaa tutkia ympäristöä niin esineet "sinkoilevat" ympäriinsä epäjärjestykseen ilman minkäänlaista fyysistä vuorovaikutusta Alanin kanssa.

Re: A "bounce" glitch/bug on objects with physics

I'm 99% sure we haven't touched any of physics simulation or timestepping in any of the patches.

Realtime physics is somewhat interesting at times... O:-)

SamiV.
    Lead Technical Artist, Remedy Co-Founder

Comment

Re: A "bounce" glitch/bug on objects with physics

Originally posted by samivRMD View Post
      I'm 99% sure we haven't touched any of physics simulation or timestepping in any of the patches.

Realtime physics is somewhat interesting at times... O:-)

SamiV.
      Thanks for the answer and I was just about to capture a video about it, but then it didn't happen at all. Like you said, physics really is interesting at times.

This just made me suspicious since I saw some chairs always bouncing in the Alan's home without a reason, even though I restarted the checkpoint a couple of times. And it continued in various places.

Today I restarted a whole new episode and it didn't occur anymore, phew. ^^

Comment

Working...
      X