Alan Wake low frame rate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Alan Wake low frame rate

Hey guys, I'm experiencing low framerate issues with Alan Wake and would like to know if it's normal according to my specs.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

On the highest settings with native resolution (1366x768), I get between 13-25 FPS.
    On the lowest settings, I can get up to 30-35 FPS but it still drops quite a lot to ~17.
    On the lowest settings with a lower resolution (1280x720), It's pretty much the same (20-25 to ~35) but the lag is still important (and the quality kinda sucks).

Direct X is updated, my nvidia drivers are at 296.10 (the latest being 301.42, although they don't bring important performance changes to Alan Wake according to the changelog; that, and Alan Wake was tested with v285 according to the FAQ).

What I'd like to know is, is this normal? I understand I might not be able to run it on maximum settings, but having to run it on lowest with a lower resolution seems a bit too much (even though it's might be irrelevant since Alan Wake uses different techniques, I can run Crysis, AC:R, CoD:MW3 and Skyrim on the highest settings and get a better framerate).

Thanks a lot!

Re: Alan Wake low frame rate

I would unfortunately say that is close to expected. Alan Wake is rather fill rate heavy...

Comment

Working...
    X