X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GermainZ
    started a topic PC Alan Wake low frame rate

Alan Wake low frame rate

Hey guys, I'm experiencing low framerate issues with Alan Wake and would like to know if it's normal according to my specs.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

On the highest settings with native resolution (1366x768), I get between 13-25 FPS.
    On the lowest settings, I can get up to 30-35 FPS but it still drops quite a lot to ~17.
    On the lowest settings with a lower resolution (1280x720), It's pretty much the same (20-25 to ~35) but the lag is still important (and the quality kinda sucks).

Direct X is updated, my nvidia drivers are at 296.10 (the latest being 301.42, although they don't bring important performance changes to Alan Wake according to the changelog; that, and Alan Wake was tested with v285 according to the FAQ).

What I'd like to know is, is this normal? I understand I might not be able to run it on maximum settings, but having to run it on lowest with a lower resolution seems a bit too much (even though it's might be irrelevant since Alan Wake uses different techniques, I can run Crysis, AC:R, CoD:MW3 and Skyrim on the highest settings and get a better framerate).

Thanks a lot!

• MarkusRMD
    replied
    Re: Alan Wake low frame rate

I would unfortunately say that is close to expected. Alan Wake is rather fill rate heavy...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X