Graphics Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Graphics Issue

I just downloaded Alan Wake off Steam last night. So far i haven't made it past the ferry scene at the very beginning because of a graphics issue I've been having.
    First off i have an HP Envy 14 with an i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz with 8G of memory and a Radeon HD 6630M graphics card.
    When i look over across the water toward the town the water is a neon blue and the rest of the horizon is extremely bright and glarey but when i turn around to look at his wife the landscape looks normal. it was doing this in the opening scene also but the light came from the lighthouse so i just thought i might be part of the game but i watched gameplay from the scene on the ferry and its not supposed to look like it does.
    I was wondering if you had any suggestions on what i should put my settings to too make the glare go away or a patch i could download.

Re: Graphics Issue

Try the tips in this thread:
    http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?t=7759

Namely, refresh your Steam cache, update DirectX and update your video card drivers to the latest version.
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

i did all those things this morning and none of them worked. the game started to run smother but there was still patches of bright glaring light along the horizon and the water is still neon blue.

Comment

I would try to lower the graphics settings to "very low" and see if it helps.

Comment

Working...
        X