X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dries
    started a topic PC My performance seems too low for my specs

My performance seems too low for my specs

Hey guys, first of all, great game and bla bla. However, my performance seems kinda low compared to performances I'm seeing with similar specs. Could someone give me some insight if my PC is indeed underperforming or if it's all just in my head. First of all, my specs:

i5 2500k 3.3Ghz at stock speed (quad core)
    8GB of RAM memory
    ATI 6970 2GB
    res: 1920 x 1080

note: everything is at stock speed

Let's take this wonderful vista here for instance. This view is pretty intensive so the FPS' listed below are minimums.
    I have every graphical setting availabe maxed out, except MSAA.

In this spot with every graphical setting possible maxed and MSAA x4 my FPS = 28
    When I raise my MSAA to 8x (so basically the highest settings possible) my FPS drops to 18.
    note: these FPS measurements are minimums and not averages. My average performance is probably 5 FPS higher, still pretty low though, I think.

So is my performance too low for my specs of is this indeed the performance I should expect.

Extra note: I have only played the beginning nightmare sequence. Maybe only this part of the game is really demanding. I don't know, but it seems unlikely.
    Last edited by Dries; 07-17-2012, 10:38 PM. Reason: additional info

• Dries
    replied
    Re: My performance seems too low for my specs

Holy guacamole, never had I thought that a driver sweep would have such an impact. I have gained 10-15 more fps than before. And not only Alan Wake, but also other games of course. Still shocked.

Thanks Markus! Now off to finish The Witcher 2 and then start my third Alan Wake playthrough

Leave a comment:

• Dries
    replied

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
    Yeah, seems a bit on the low side, but we would need to test in a similar clean setup to say for sure. The driver cleaning procedures etc. in FAQ may help (but also may not). We added more detail and workload (grass draw distance) in the latest update - you may want to tweak settings to find a satisfactory compromise between perf and visuals. Check out the graphics settings thread http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?t=7725
    Thanks, Markus. Let me try the driver sweep and I'll report back.

Leave a comment:

• MarkusRMD
    replied

Yeah, seems a bit on the low side, but we would need to test in a similar clean setup to say for sure. The driver cleaning procedures etc. in FAQ may help (but also may not). We added more detail and workload (grass draw distance) in the latest update - you may want to tweak settings to find a satisfactory compromise between perf and visuals. Check out the graphics settings thread http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?t=7725

Leave a comment:

Working...
X