No announcement yet.

Strange vertical lines in Lighting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Strange vertical lines in Lighting?

I just installed AW through steam. However I seem to be having an odd issue with the lights. I have included screen shots.

No matter what settings I use, high or low they are always there, and draw distance has no effect. Through AW and through catalyst. I cant smooth it out. I can max out all settings and have good frame rates but the lines in the lighting is very odd. However when I hit the ESC key and the menu comes on the lights smooth out and they look ok. Everything else looks\runs really good and I dont seem to be having any other issues. What could I be missing?

Win 7 64-bit Pro
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz
    Kingston Hyper-X 6GB DDR2 1066 Non-ECC
    AMD Crossfire mode- Radeon HD 6770 1GB using Catalyst 12.6
    Samsung 256GB SSD 830 series
    Attached Files
    Last edited by arugula; 07-22-2012, 07:09 AM.
    ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
    32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Re: Strange vertical lines in Lighting?

Ok. I figured it out. Its my monitor!

My primary monitor is 1280x1024 Samsung LCD 17" (743BX). I tried to adjust the settings but when using DVI your pretty much locked out. VGA mode i could adjust but the vertical lines were still there no matter what i set them to. I also tried both DVI ports and also tried using an Analog VGA cable with DVI adapter. Nothing helped.

So i then tried AW on my 1360x768 Samsung 32" LCD TV (LN32A) with the same settings except for screen resolution of course and the vertical lines were gone! Yeah

Does anyone know why this may be happening? I really don't want to buy a new monitor just for AW as all my other programs/games look completely fine. I bought this monitor back in 2009 so It really isn't that old at all.

Though any suggestions on a new monitor would be great help, Thanks!

Comment

A slow response but anyway -- that's our volume light algorithm playing tricks on a 4:3 resolution; it behaves differently (and was made for) a widescreen format. Probably something we could fix... But it's not serious.

Comment

Thanks for the answer! However a fix would be nice! I went out and bought a new 720p monitor for AW as that was driving me nuts! LOL. Maybe a warning would have been nice or put in the settings log that in some cases this may happen. So people dont go nuts trying to figure out what the problem is, Like me.

However I then made a new computer with another monitor at 1080p with a GTX 690.

BTW Markus, when i first loaded AW through steam it put all my settings down to low. Again, its a brand new PC with NVIDIA GTX 690! It gave me a messgae saying my system does not meet the recommended requirements?

Is this a simple fix? Worried me at first seeing my settings forced to low but i was able to set all to max and the game looks and runs great. I made another post about this titled GTX 690.
        Last edited by arugula; 08-21-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

arugula the settings detection algorithm is really not very intelligent and can cause some false positives. Sorry about that.

Comment

No worries. Thanks! I'm just very pleased to be running AW at full 1080 resolution with no problems!!!

Having all this visual detail and smooth game play really makes it that much better to play a 4th time around!

Comment

Working...
            X