error when loading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC error when loading

I just bought Alan Wake from steam, Unfourtunatly the game wont load every time I attemt to run it I get an error ( Could not Preprocess HLSL shader - n/a)
    I'v updated directx and my video driver but still I get the error. I am running a GTX 580 so I should be able to run this game. Whats the deal?

Re: error when loading

I googled that for you and found the issue. However it came from a torrent\game file download site and people were having the exact same issue. I hope you are using a legit copy though.

So that said im sure you can do the same to fix your hopefully legit copy.
    Last edited by arugula; 08-17-2012, 10:34 AM.
    ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
    32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Yes my copy is totally legit, unless Steam has started selling pirated software.
      If you were referring to updating directx, and vcredist_x86 from the setup file from the game folder I've already done that, as well as updated my nividia drivers. Still the game gives me the error.

Comment

Cryochimp have you verified your steam cache for Alan Wake? Maybe something went wrong with the download (not so uncommon with Steam)

Comment

when i start the alan wake game everything goes fine fine and when i tap new game the game is all the time Loading what should i do.......

Comment

Working...
          X