Alan Wake wonīt launch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Wake wonīt launch

Since nobody can help me on the steam board, i will try it here again.

i am just going to copy my post from the other post at steam.

i have the same problem and i tried everything i found on the net to fix it.
    when i try to start the game under steam, for a sec a yellow syncing appears and thats it. no error message, it just donīt launch.

i wanted to try this step, but the thing is i donīt have a remedy folder.
    Delete resolution.xml from c:\users\<userid>\documents\Remedy\AlanWake and try again

under steam apps - common - Alan Wake i have the AlanWake.exe. if i try to start it from there, i get the d3dx9_43.dll error.
    But i also tried to fix it with the directX full redist but i still got this error.

My system:
    Win 7 Service Pack 1

AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor 3,3 Ghz
    8 Gb Ram
    Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
    Radeon HD 6870

I updated all drives, tried -window and -nosound.

What else can i do?

Re: Alan Wake wonīt launch

Have you tried validating your Steam cache?

Verify your Steam cache
    - Open up your Steam library
    - Right-click on Alan Wake and choose Properties
    - Go to the Local Files tab and choose "Verify integrity of game cache".
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

yes of course i did that. i did everything i found on the net regarding this problem to solve this.

I
      re-installed both games alanwake + nightmare
      updated all drivers
      tried -window and nosound and the one with the numbers
      deleted the .exe and let steam find it again
      validated the steam cache
      updated bios

as i said, two things strike me as weird.

1) i do not have the remedy folder, so i couldnīt delete the resolution.xml
      2) if i want to start the .exe in the steam-apps folder, i got the d3dx9_43.dll error. But though i tried to fix it with the directX full redist, i still get this error.

Comment

Originally posted by miderb View Post
        yes of course i did that. i did everything i found on the net regarding this problem to solve this.

I
        re-installed both games alanwake + nightmare
        updated all drivers
        tried -window and nosound and the one with the numbers
        deleted the .exe and let steam find it again
        validated the steam cache
        updated bios

as i said, two things strike me as weird.

1) i do not have the remedy folder, so i couldnīt delete the resolution.xml
        2) if i want to start the .exe in the steam-apps folder, i got the d3dx9_43.dll error. But though i tried to fix it with the directX full redist, i still get this error.
        When updating drivers did you do a complete uninstall first?
        When installing Directx, did you install the Directx 9.0c end user run time from Microsoft first?

There is software out there to completely wipe out directx 9 from the computer. However use at own risk as it may do more harm then good.

Maybe you have a corrupt hard drive and can not write to certain areas on your disk? Maybe that is why you have no remedy folder?

Try these steps:
        1) Even with updated bios, double check the settings to make sure all is well. For example: if your primary video card is pci express have it listed first and not integrated.
        2) Double check windows update and make sure the box is checked to get updates for MSFT products and optional software. You may not receive certain updates if this isnt checked.
        3) Quickly check your services and startup programs to make sure nothing is running that shouldn't be. Like a virus.
        4) Try uninstall AW one last time.
        5) Then uninstall your sound and video drivers. Reboot
        6) Run disk cleanup.
        7) Schedule a disk check for your local hard drive you are installing alan wake to. Reboot.
        8) After check disk runs, run disk defragmenter. When complete, reboot.
        9) Install your video and sound drivers but make sure to get video drivers right off of AMD's website. If you have realtek audio use their site too. Dont use 3rd party drivers.
        10) Install MSFT Directx 9.0c end user runtime from MSFT download center.
        11) Install AW and good luck!
        Last edited by arugula; 08-22-2012, 09:31 AM.
        ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
        32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
        WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

ok thx iīll try that and get back with the results!

Comment

so i did everything, but it still doesnīt work.

but as i uninstalled all the drivers, the second time i restarted my computer i had all the drivers installed again. i finished the steps nonetheless.

maybe i should mention that steam and all my games are installed on my second hard drive D.

Comment

ok i uninstalled steam and every game and made room on my C harddrive and installed steam and alan wake brand new, but still doesnīt work...
              sucks

Comment

can you try running the game with -verbose parameter and paste the text file it generates from c:\users\<userid>\remedy\alanwake to here as attachment, that may contain an error that could help us debug the case. There may also be crash dumps in the same folder, those could help too.

Comment

hi markus, as i wrote in my previous posts, i donīt have the remedy folder.
                  i also have steam back installed on my D harddrive and all i got is under the folder SteamApps - common - Alan Wake
                  i run it with -verbose, can i find the text file in the Alan Wake folder as well? what should it be called?

Comment

SOLVED!

ok so afters hours of trying stuff, i finally solved it.

it was the problem with the d3dx9_43.dll. the thing was that on the official microsoft site, the d3dx9_43.dll was from May 2010. so i found on a .dll site the file from June 2010. i copied the file in the system 32 AND since i have 64bit the same file in the syswow64 folder and now it works...
                    thx everybody!

Comment

Working...
                    X