Low FPS when web videos are playing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Low FPS when web videos are playing

This is more of an FYI than a problem, but I just wanted to share: When I have a YouTube-Video loaded in Firefox and try to play Alan Wake, I get considerably lower FPS (like 30 instead of 60). When I close the Tab with the video it goes back up. This seems to hold true for other web video players as well, like a Twitch Livestream.

Of course this is not much of a problem, but I was wondering what could be the cause of this. Does the video player somehow access the same ressources as Alan Wake does? I didn't have this with any other games (that I know of).

Maybe this is extremely rare or some configuration error on my part, but maybe it will help someone who has the same issue (when it first occured I just couldn't figure out for some time what would suddenly cause such low FPS without having changed anything in the Game or OS).

Re: Low FPS when web videos are playing

Firefox is known for hoarding memory, but it's still quite weird that a single browser window with video material could cause such problems. Have you tried other browsers?

Comment

This is caused by the GPU stuck in its multimedia playback clocks and not running full 3d rendering clocks.

Comment

I'm interested also to learn how this is fixed cause I'm experiencing the same problem now with Chrome.

Comment

Shut down your browsers maybe?

lol
          Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Working...
          X