Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Difficulty setting not working

Hello!

I just discovered Alan Wake, awesome game. When I started the game I had to switch to "Normal" instead of "Easy" in the difficulty menu. I thought it was a little strange that I couldn't pick "Hard". I let it slide and I didn't think much about it (well, maybe when I died a shitload at some parts) until the end, when the "hard-mode"-completion achievement unlocked. I checked the difficulty settings again, the only modes I can choose from are still "Easy" and "Normal". This is not really a problem, however now I want to play at "Nightmare", but it is grayed-out and un-clickable.

I've been Google:ing it a bit. Since I play it through steam I verified the integrity of my game cache, but that's as far as I got. Now I don't really know what to do. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks a bunch!

[FONT="System"][SIZE="1"]I betchu' thought I was a girl and wanted to help me more when you saw the heart at the end, yarr harr harr -"big grin" smily-[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Last edited by HerpDerp; 01-09-2013, 06:43 PM.

Re: Difficulty setting not working

Use -developermenu parameter if you really want to cheat, or play in Nightmare difficulty without playing the game through once.
    ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
    32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Originally posted by arugula View Post
      Use -developermenu parameter if you really want to cheat, or play in Nightmare difficulty without playing the game through once.
      Thanks Arugula, it'll probably end in this. Though I prefer not to cheat.

..And I'm not sure if I made it unclear or if I'm misinterpreting you, but I've already beaten it once, which didn't unlock nightmare.

Edit: I googled "Alan Wake -developermenu" and "Alan Wake cheats", it pretty much gave me nothing. How would I do to cheat my way into unlocking Nightmare through -developermenu?
      Last edited by HerpDerp; 01-09-2013, 06:51 PM.

Comment

In your Steam library, right-click on the game name, go in to Properties, and there should be a Launch Options button. In that menu, add -developermenu to the dialog box. The next time you run the game, it should be activated.
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
          In your Steam library, right-click on the game name, go in to Properties, and there should be a Launch Options button. In that menu, add -developermenu to the dialog box. The next time you run the game, it should be activated.
          Thanks a bunch! I'll try it if I haven't gotten a solving reply in a few days

Comment

Originally posted by HerpDerp View Post
            Thanks a bunch! I'll try it if I haven't gotten a solving reply in a few days
            That will 100% solve your issue.

Also, Make sure you have steam cloud synchronization on in both steam and alan wake settings. Maybe this is disabled so the game thinks you didnt complete it?
            Last edited by arugula; 01-10-2013, 05:54 AM.
            ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
            32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
            WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

I checked the synchronization, no difference :< (replayed the end). Thanks though.

I'm now resorting to the -developermenu, worked like a charm =). Thanks for the help Arugula and Morry!

Comment

Working...
              X