Weird stuttering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Weird stuttering

I just recently bought a 120hz monitor, and in Alan Wake there is a weird kind of stuttering all of a sudden. It's especially noticeable on the ferry in the beginning, and it doesn't seem to help with either vsync on/off.

It's not lag, but Alan himself is kind of jerking back and forward when the ferry is moving forwards. All the characters onboard are doing this, and it's the same even if the framerate goes below 60.

Has anyone else noticed this exact problem? This is the only game I've noticed this in on my new monitor, and I have all the latest drivers for my computer and it's components.

If someone wonders, my specs are:

i7 930 @ 2.9 ghz.
    HD 7950 3gb.
    16 gb RAM
    Windows 8.

Re: Weird stuttering

This is when you have the FOV set very high. The camera angle is squeezing between the cars and boat. So it stutters back and forth. If you set FOV to very low the camera can move more freely and the stuttering will go away.

After the ferry scene it will go away and you shouldnt experience it for the rest of the game. You can either minimize FOV or just be patient until you get ashore.
    ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
    32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

I see! The fov was the only setting I didn't mess around with, so that might very well be true. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Marsson View Post
        I see! The fov was the only setting I didn't mess around with, so that might very well be true. Thanks for the help!
        Welcome!
        ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
        32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
        WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Working...
        X