Screen goes black after some minutes of gameplay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Screen goes black after some minutes of gameplay

Hello there, I recently got the game on Steam and installed it without any issues but when I played it after some minutes the screen goes black, I can always hear the music/sound still playing but the keyboard freezes up and I have to manually turn off the PC.

I checked and my drivers are updated, I have tried it on full screen and windowed mode, medium settings, low settings, super low settings, it doesn't appear to be overclocking the GPU according to the default standards though the temperature seems to fluctuate at times, either way it keeps making the screen go black and freezing the PC(except for the sound) after playing for 5-10 minutes, regardless of what I try to change.

I'm attaching the dxdiag.txt, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Screen goes black after some minutes of gameplay

See if your computer is dirty inside? Maybe you are over heating from dirt? Power supply too. Once clean try to take out your GPU and put back in. Maybe the card is a little loose? If you have sound im thinking its your GPU going bad?

Uninstall video drivers and do clean install. Your drivers are a little out of date from February so you may want to download the most recent drivers. You have an older card so this may not even be the issue.

Check your direct x 9 is up to date. click here

Could be a software conflict? You might want to try disabling some startup items or all just to troubleshoot the issue.

Maybe check for bios update as well for system stability?
    Last edited by arugula; 06-04-2013, 04:01 AM.
    ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
    32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Thanks I will try these recommendations, I recently dusted off the insides with air spray though, so I'm pretty sure it's clean.

Edit: The nvidia control panel indicated that the driver is up to date and so did direct x 9 when I tried to install it, some months ago I cleaned the card's fan so I might need to re-apply thermal paste since I took it apart to do so, I'm still hoping it's a software issue tho.
      Last edited by Fenian; 06-04-2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Nothing I do seems to be working, I don't know if I could replace the card just to play one game.

Comment

Did you apply more thermal compound since you said you took the fan off the GPU? Give it a nice cleaning and then re-apply compound. That may be it. If there isn't solid contact it may not be cooling efficiently.

Have you checked for Windows updates?
          Anti-virus running? Maybe Disable?
          Maybe check your sound drivers? Update them.
          Maybe use error checking (check disk) to scan your hard drive for file errors. Then run disk defragmenter.

Check your start up programs and services on boot. There may be something running thats causing conflict?

Run AW in windowed mode. Run task manager and see if anything new opens at the time of playing. Hopefully before screen goes black.
          ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
          32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
          WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Working...
          X