Dual monitor setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Dual monitor setup

I hope this is not a repost, but I did a search for dual monitors and did not come up with a solution.

I have Windows 8 Pro x64 on a Z77 chipset motherboard with 16GB of HyperX 1600 RAM. My video card is only a BFG GTX260 OC, but it is able to run Alan Wake with everything on max on my main monitor with no issues.

I have two Samsung 24" LED monitors, but I am unable to figure out how to run the game in dual monitor mode like my desktop. I use the Windows 8 display settings to span monitors. The resolution setting in the game will not go beyond 1920x1080. I am running the latest nVidia drivers 320.18 WHQL.

Please help!
    I like cookies...

Re: Dual monitor setup

You should be able to find your answer at NVIDIA's online community. https://forums.geforce.com/

Also check release notes of driver for setting up displays.

I think what you are looking for is in NVIDIA control panel. You need to set up your surround to span displays to both monitors.
    Last edited by arugula; 06-04-2013, 03:22 AM.
    ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
    32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I have posted in the other forum.
      I like cookies...

Comment

Just as an FYI for anyone who has the same problem...

The GeForce GTX260 only has 896MB of memory and is unable to produce high resolution for games, hence the reason you cannot span games across 2 monitors. I bought an Asus HD 7850 2GB DirectCU II card and I am now able to span multiple monitors.

FYI #2: If you want to run Eyefinity for 3 monitors and want to use DisplayPort to DVI-D, be sure that you buy the DP to DVI ACTIVE converter. I had to do lots of reading to confirm that it would work. I have 2 x DVI-D running the first 2 monitors and the active DP to DVI-D converter running the 3rd monitor.

Alan Wake at 5760 x 1080 with all options set to maximum looks amazing!

FYI #3: I was going to get the Asus 7870 DCUII, but ended up with the 7850 DCUII because you can overclock the 7850 to maximum settings and get the same performance. All articles I read came to the same conclusion, if you want to save a few bucks and get the same performance, get the 7850 since it is almost the same card.
        I like cookies...

Comment

Glad to hear! Must be awesome with that set up!
          ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
          32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
          WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Working...
          X